Kasper Peter Schmeichel
From age of four to twelve, he lived in Manchester when his famous father was playing for Manchester United and as a result, got his primary education at Hulme Hall School located in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
Then, his father joined Sporting Lisbon and Kasper had to shift his school. At the age of 13, he joined Saint Julian’s School in Carcavelos, Greater Lisbon.
He started his football education at Estoril, which is a Portuguese sports club from Lisbon in 2000.
A year later, he joined the Manchester City academy and played in number of youth squads before breaking into senior team.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Peter Schmeichel (Former Football Goalkeeper who played for Manchester United and Sporting Lisbon among others)
- Mother – Bente Schmeichel (Housewife)
- Siblings – Cecilie Schmeichel (Younger Sister)
Kasper is represented by First Artist Scandinavia A/S agency.
Kasper Schmeichel wears the 1 squad number for the English club Leicester City as well as his national squad.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kasper Schmeichel has dated –
- Stine Gyldenbrand (2005-Present) – Kasper started dating beautiful Stine Gyldenbrand in 2005, when he was still a Manchester City youth player. They are said to have met during a social event. Stine graduated from University of Chester in 2009 as a housewife and a year later, gave birth to couple’s first child, son Max. She gave birth to a daughter, Isabel in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde Hair
- Blue Eyes
- Tall Stature
Kasper Schmeichel’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Kasper’s shoe size is not known.
For his immense contribution to winning the first premier league title in Leicester City’s football history, Kasper Schmeichel was rewarded with a lucrative deal with US footwear manufacturer New Balance. As a part of the deal, the Boston based company has launched New Balance Furon boots and Bright Cherry Furon goalkeeper gloves.
He also has a sponsorship deal with Precision goalkeeping. He has been associated with the Nottingham based brand since 2010. Kasper has his own range of goalkeeping gloves, Schmeichology 5, which is sold by Precision. The company later introduced new product in that range – the Fusion Scholar gloves.
His other brand partnership is with clothing brand Jack & Jones. As per the deal, Kasper is the brand ambassador for Jack & Jones Tech, which is a subdivision of the company and has worked as co-designer with them. The Schmeichel X Jack & Jones Tech collections was launched at the start of 2016.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Winning English Premier League with Leicester City in 2015-2016 season.
- Being the son of Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel.
First Soccer Match
Kasper Schmeichel played his first professional match for Manchester City against West Ham United in August 2007.
Kasper made his first professional start in Championship for Leicester City against Coventry City at the City of Coventry Stadium on August 6, 2011 in 1-0 away victory.
On February 6, 2013, Kasper played his first international match for the Denmark national team against Macedonia at the Philip II Arena in a 3-0 loss for his side.
- Handling of long shots
- Sharp Reflexes
- Ground Saves
- Rushing off line
- Handling of crosses
- Command of penalty area
Schmeichel hasn’t appeared in any theatrical movie.
First TV Show
He hasn’t made any TV appearance apart from his presence in soccer matches of his club and national team.
In an interview given to Forever Sports, Kasper revealed that the intensity of his gym workouts depend on the day of his matches. He revealed that if he plays on Saturday, his workouts on Monday and Tuesday would be very intense and harder. He would assign Wednesday as a rest day. The workout sessions on Thursday and Friday are very light as the focus is mostly on technical and mental aspects of the game.
In the same interview, he also revealed that he rarely does the same exercise or same workout on consecutive days or even during the same day. The key is to keep body guessing and remove any instance of body reacting as per muscle memory.
The workout routines are mostly comprised of full body movements and explosive moves. Also, he tries various exercises that improve his balance and at the same time improves strength. He occasionally incorporates boxing in his fitness regime to work on core and reactions. On Thursday evenings, he practices yoga to improve his flexibility and to work on mental attributes.
Kasper Schmeichel Favorite Things
- Manager – Nigel Pearson
Source – Daily Mail UK
Marvin Lara Facts
- In his debut season (2011-12) with Leicester City, he was named the Players’ Player of the Year and club’s Player of the Year in the end of season awards.
- In 2013, he was named in the 2012–2013 Championship PFA Team of the Year for his great performance throughout the season.
- In 2012, Kasper and his then girlfriend launched Gyldenbrand Schmeichel Foundation, which works to improve maternal maternity.
- When he won league title with Leicester on May 2, 2016, he was of same age as his father Peter when he won his first title with Manchester United. Also, the date was identical on both occasions.
- Kasper and Peter Schmeichel are the only biological father and son to win the Premier League.
- In November 2007, he was given the distinction of Danish under-21 Talent of the Year, after keeping three clean sheets in four under-21 games.
- He got his breakthrough at the age of 14 in a match held to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Euro 92. He was sent in as second half substitute as his father Peter wanted to play in attack.
- Before he joined Manchester City academy, he was asked by iconic Danish club, Brondby to appear for a trial.
- On May 15, 2016, he made his 200th appearance for Leicester in league competitions (including championship and premier league) against Chelsea in a 1-1 draw.
- While at Manchester City, he was loaned to five different clubs including Bury, Cardiff City and Coventry City.
- In 2010, he left Notts County with mutual agreement despite having four years left on his deal. The reason was that the club couldn’t afford his wages any longer.
- In 2007, the English Football Association investigated his international status in hope to find a way to get Kasper play for England instead of Denmark.
- According to reports, Leicester signed him for around £400,000 from Leeds United in June 2011.
- In 2015, he was named Danish Football Player of the Year for his great performances with his club side.
- He has been named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year for two seasons, 2012–2013 and 2013–2014.
- He was also named in Football League Team of the Decade from 2005 to 2015.
- Connect with Kasper Schmeichel on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.