Katharine Hope McPhee
Los Angeles, California, USA
McPhee graduated from Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks in 2002. Post that, she enrolled herself in Boston Conservatory, where she went for three semesters and majored in musical theaters. She dropped out after that and went to LA to pursue her career in acting and singing.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Daniel McPhee (TV Producer)
- Mother – Patricia (née Burch) (Vocal Coach and cabaret singer)
- Siblings – Adriana McPhee (Older Sister) (Vocal Coach on American Idol since 2012)
She is represented by these agencies –
- MGMT Entertainment
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
19, RCA, Verve Forecast, Columbia Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Katharine had married American actor Nick Cokas. The two of these started dating, when they met in 2006. Nick, who is approximately 19 years older than her engaged Katharine in March 2007. The couple married on February 2, 2008 at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, German and Scottish ancestry.
34-25-36 in or 87-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Best Known For
Appearing as a contestant (and finishing second) in the American Idol season 5 in 2006.
On January 30, 2007, Katharine released her debut album titled Katharine McPhee under RCA Records. It gained the position of 2 at Billboard 200 and was able to sell 381,000 copies all over the world.
McPhee had a cameo role in the 2007 biographical musical / drama movie Crazy for her role as Paramount Girl.
First TV Show
She had guest appeared in American comedy-drama television series Ugly Betty as herself in 2007 in the episode entitled “I’m Coming Out”.
Though, before this, Katharine also made a guest appearance in the web-based series called lonelygirl15 (also known as LG15).
Katharine takes the help from personal trainer Oscar Smith. She does a lot of hard work while working out. Her trainer always tries to do changes in the exercises. Oscar focus on variation. If an exercise works or not, don’t stick with it just make variations in it. McPhee does gymnastics, surfing, Muay Thai and weight training too.
Oscar works with McPhee three to five times in a week in New York, averaging 1 hour in a day. According to Oscar, it’s 50 percent exercise and 50 percent diet. And, typically, an individual will definitely see some results in 2-3 months of following his advice. If he/ she doesn’t, then they are doing it the wrong way.
Talking about the diet, McPhee is not a vegetarian. She eats lean chicken, fish, lot of veggies, nuts, fruits. She tries not to eat too many carbs.
Katharine McPhee Favorite Things
- Album – 21 (By Adele)
Source – Idolator
Katharine McPhee Facts
- Her mother (goes with stage name Peisha Arten) has been a vocal coach since 2011 on American Idol.
- She had starved herself in the past, when she was 13. She eventually became bulimic at 17.
- She has a dog named Nena of Chihuahua breed (these type of dogs holds the world record for being the smallest in size).
- In 2007, she was ranked at no. 47 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- She loves classical music.
- She won a black colored Ford Mustang during the American Idol finale.
- Her fans are known as “The Kat Pack” and “McPhans”.
- Visit her official website @ katharinemcphee.net.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.