Katherine Elizabeth McGrath
Katie, Katie McGrath
Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland
Katie McGrath went to St. Andrews College in Blackrock, Dublin to study International Baccalaureate. She, then, joined Trinity College in Dublin to complete her graduation in the subject of history.
- Father – Paul McGrath (IT Professional)
- Mother – Mary McGrath
- Siblings – Rory McGrath (Older Sister), Sean McGrath (Older Brother)
Katie McGrath is currently attached to –
- Hamilton Hodell, UK
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Los Angeles, US.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
135 lbs or 61 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie McGrath has been romantically linked with –
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers (2007) – The Irish actor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers had fling with McGrath in 2007. They have shared screen space in the TV Series ‘The Tudor’ (2008).
- Colin Morgan (2010-Present) – The Irish film, television and theatre actor Colin Morgan met McGrath during the shooting of the episodes of TV Series ‘Merlin.’ The couple has been dating since 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long brown hair
- Charming smile
- Green eyes
- Tattoo on the back saying ‘Purity’
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 5.5 (UK)
Katie McGrath has not endorsed any brand or appeared in any of the TV commercials.
Best Known For
Katie McGrath is best known for her role as Morgana in the BBC One TV Series ‘Merlin.’
The actress has also been known for other television appearances like ‘A Princess For Christmas’ (TV Movie, 2011) and ‘Dracula’ (British-American Horror Series, 2013).
Katie McGrath first appeared as Tara in a short film Pebble that released in 2007. It was a TV film.
Her first role in a full big screen movie was as Lady Thelma Furness in the 2011 romantic drama film W.E.
First TV Show
Her first role in a TV series was as Trisha, Dessie’s girlfriend, in Eden in 2008.
Katie McGrath does not have a personal trainer. She attributes her good looks to her good genes. The actress is also known to stick to a proper and maintained diet.
Katie McGrath Favorite Things
- Application – WhatsApp
- Food Guilty Pleasure – Salt and vinegar peanuts
- TV Show – The Great British Bake Off (2010-2013)
- Clothing – An old grey men’s Gap cashmere sweater
- Color and Style – Black, knitwear, skinny jeans and very high heels
- Style Icon – Helena Bonham Carter
- Designer – Alexander Wang, Miu Miu, Vivienne Westwood, McQueen and Balmain
- Possession – Balenciaga flight jacket, Laine cashmere coat
- Jewelry – A gold watch (Grandmother’s), Diamond earrings
Source – Express, Wonderland
Katie McGrath Facts
- Katie McGrath did not had any formal training in acting. She is the only actress on the sets of ‘Merlin’ who has only the acting experience of performing in school plays.
- She did not aspire to become an actress. She took up several jobs before becoming an actress. She worked at a piercing studio, in a cocktail bar, as a make-up artist for MAC cosmetics, worked for Image magazine as fashion journalist.
- She also worked under costume designer Joan Bergin during the shooting of ‘The Tudors’ (2007) as wardrobe assistant.
- He last name is pronounced as “Mc-Grah.”
- Katie McGrath also appeared in the Hollywood movie ‘Jurassic World’ in 2015.
- Katie is not on any of the social networking sites likes Facebook, Twitter, etc.