Kehlani Ashley Parrish
Oakland, California, United States
Kehlani was enrolled at the Oakland School for the Arts with a focus on dance. However, after suffering a serious knee injury in the junior year, it dashed her hopes to learn dance at the prestigious Juilliard School and leading to her switching to singing.
Singer, songwriter, dancer
- Father – Died when she was young. He was a surfer.
- Mother – Was in and out of the jail, so Kehlani was raised by her aunt.
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Clyde Carson (Cousin)
Kehlani is represented by ICM Partners.
R&B, hip hop, neo-soul, pop
HBK Gang, Atlantic Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kehlani has dated –
- PartyNextDoor (2014-2015 and 2016) – Kehlani started going out with rapper PartyNextDoor in December 2014. In July 2015, he even released a song titled as Kehlani’s freestyle. Their relationship came to an end in October 2015 as she dumped him after he had posted a picture of a scantily clad woman in his swimming pool. In March 2016, it was rumored that they had got back together after he shared the picture of her in his bed, which led to some backlash on social media. The very next day, she tweeted a picture of her in the hospital with an IV in her arm. Some sources reported that despite the suspected suicide fiasco, they are still in a relationship.
- Kyrie Irving (2015-2016) – Kehlani started dating basketball star Kyrie Irving by the end of 2015. Irving made their relationship public in January 2016 by sharing a picture of them together. However, a couple of months later, Kehlani was accused of cheating on Kyrie after PartyNextDoor shared a picture of them together. But, Kehlani and Kyrie later revealed that they had ended their relationship by that time.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American African, Spanish, Native American, and Filipino descent.
- Face and body tattoos
- Grunge style sense
- Wears nose ring
33-25-33 in or 84-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Kehlani has advertised for Snipes.com sneaker and streetwear.
Best Known For
- Being a part of the teen pop band, Poplyfe that managed to reach final of the America’s Got Talent.
- The popularity of her debut mixtape, Cloud 19.
In January 2017, she released her debut studio album SweetSexySavage in association with Atlantic Records. It reached #1 in Top Hip Hop albums in the U.S.
Kehlani hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2015, she guest appeared as herself in the talk show Skee TV.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kehlani Favorite Things
- Food – Double spicy chicken deluxe with Polynesian sauce and a lemonade at Chick-Fill-A fast food chain.
- Celebrities that left her star struck – Stevie Wonder, Elle Varner
- Role Model – Beyoncé
- Artist – Lauryn Hill
- Restaurant – Baohaus in New York City
Source – The Boom Box, Vibe
- Before making it big as a singer, she did several miscellaneous jobs including working at an ice cream parlor and at a Hot Topic clothing store.
- She is scared of large aquatic animals and doesn’t venture in water beyond where her feet aren’t in touch with the ground. The reason for this is that her family didn’t tell about her father’s murder and as he was a surfer, she thought something might have happened to him while surfing.
- She loves to get tattooed and got her first tattoo at the age of 16. The most painful tattoo she believes is Spanish inscription on her neck, which translates to “lost and found.”
- She has got a face of her favorite artist Lauryn Hill tattooed on her left arm.
- While growing up, she aspired to become an ice skater and she had become decent in hockey ice skating, but then, the local ice rink got shut down.
- Before the knee injury ended her hopes of becoming a professional dancer, she had undertaken ballet classes as well.
- During her struggling days, for a short period of time, she resorted to stealing stuff from the grocery stores for some food and money.
- Visit her official website @ kehlanimusic.com.
- Listen to her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, iTunes, and Google+.