Kelli Christine O’Hara
Elk City, Oklahoma, USA
New York City, USA
She graduated from Deer Creek High School and enrolled at Oklahoma City University for a Bachelor’s degree in Music. She was a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority there.
Thereafter, she studied acting, stage performance and Opera at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute and also trained in dance at the Broadway Dance Centre.
Broadway and Off-Broadway Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Patrick O’Hara (Farmer, Attorney)
- Mother – was a teacher
- Siblings – Patrick O’Hara (Brother), Ann Marie (Sister)
- Others – James Naughton (Father-in-law), Pamela Parsons (Mother-in-law), Keira Naughton (Sister-in-law)
She is repped by –
- The Gersh Agency – New York (Agent)
- Perennial Entertainment – New York (Manager)
Pop, jazz, traditional jazz
But, she has released her music via Ghostlight Records, ShkBoom Records, and Sono Luminus.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Adam Guettel (2005) – While working together in the Broadway production The Light in the Piazza (2005), Kelli O’Hara was RUMORed to have briefly hooked up with its music composer, Adam Guettel, for which he won two Tony awards. Though the two are not together, Kelli is still full of praise for the musician’s talent and sensibilities.
- Greg Naughton (2007–Present) – Kelli was first introduced to singer Greg when a fellow Broadway actress took her to attend one of his concerts in 2003. They briefly dated and broke up when Kelli left for Chicago for the off-Broadway production of The Light in the Piazza (2004). Though Greg followed her, he failed to win her back. Upon Kelli’s return to New York, Greg visited her home with an ‘I Love You’ sign in hand. The two got married on top of a mountain in Vermont in 2007. Kelli claims that her singer/songwriter husband is a confident, self-secure man who is not threatened by anybody’s success. He has been extremely supportive of her fast-paced career even after she had kids. The couple has two children together; a son named Owen James Naughton (born 2009) and daughter Charlotte Naughton (born 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
- Flawless Skin
- Blue-eyed Blonde
37-27-36 in or 94-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
In 2016, Kelli O’Hara was made the official spokesperson of the TIOS (Theatre in Our Schools) campaign funded by American Alliance for Theatre & Education (AATE) and the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA).
Brought up as a Catholic in the Baptist Bible belt.
Best Known For
- Playing Francesca Johnson in the Broadway musical The Bridges of Madison County (2014) which won her a Tony nomination.
- Playing Anna in the renewed version of 1951 Broadway Musical, The King and I (2015) for which she was awarded the Tony in the same year.
Kelli released her first album Wonder in the World by Ghostlight Records in May 2008. It reached at #12 on Billboard’s Jazz charts.
She had a supporting role as Liz in the rated – R drama, The Dying Gaul (2005).
First TV Show
As an actress, Kelli was seen as Leslie in two episodes of the soap opera, All My Children in 2007.
Kelli’s diet and exercise regime are not available.
Kelli O’Hara Favorite Things
- Musical – The Sound of Music (1965)
- Song – Soliloquy (1945) sung by Frank Sinatra, Something Good (1965) by Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rogers
- Song From ‘The King and I’ – Getting to Know You
- Love Song – Fallen (1990) from Pretty Woman by Lauren Wood
- Film / Musical for her Children – Shrek the Musical (2008), Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)
- Genre of Music – Jazz
Source – NY CityCenter, InStyle, YouTube
Kelli O’Hara Facts
- Growing up, Kelli was a fat kid and faced bullying in school due to her weight. Being made fun of, fuelled her ambition to pursue her passion for music in New York.
- She was deeply affected by the film The Elephant Man (1980) which made her decide to never belittle anybody or make fun of other kids in school.
- Coming from a small town with a population of 85,000 people where everybody knew both her paternal and maternal grandparents and parents made Kelli morally conscious and influenced every decision, she took in her education and career.
- Kelli is very proud of her Irish roots and could connect with her husband Greg Naughton due to their shared Irish lineage.
- After she bought her first apartment, she celebrated the milestone by walking into the nearest Godiva store to buy some chocolate.
- Kelli’s agent told her to wear a short skirt and a tight sweater to book her first job, which she did. But, she felt so disgusted about influencing opinion with her appearance that she never repeated that gimmick again.
- She was a part of the pivotal scene in Sex in the City 2 (2010) and revealed that everybody on the sets including the extras was dressed in expensive designer wear.
- She won her first Tony Award for her role in The Kind and I in 2015 after getting a Tony nomination since 2005.
- Kelli’s stage costume for The King and I was very constricting and had 4 layers of clothing which weighed around 40 pounds. Her wig alone took 45 minutes to set and wearing a corset underneath kept her back unnaturally upright.
- Kelli studied musical theater and opera singing under the acclaimed guidance of eminent musician, Florence Birdwell.
- Visit Kelli’s official website @ kelliohara.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and iTunes.