Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Kelly attended Pauline Hughes Middle School and graduated from Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Stephen Michael Clarkson (Former engineer)
- Mother – Jeanne Ann (née Rose) (First-grade English teacher)
- Siblings – Jason Clarkson (Older Brother), Alyssa Clarkson (Older Sister)
- Others – Jimmy Taylor (Stepfather)
Kelly is married to Brandon Blackstock since 2013 and Brandon is the stepson of Narvel Blackstock, who acts as Clarkson’s manager.
Country, pop rock, pop
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Clarkson dated –
- Graham Colton (2005-2006) – The two American singers started dating in May 2005 when they met during Kelly’s Breakaway World Tour in 2005. The duo broke in 2006.
- Ryan Key (2006-2007) – From 2006 to 2007, she was romantically linked to another singer and musician Ryan Key.
- Brandon Blackstock (2012-Present) – In February 2012, Kelly started dating a talent manager Brandon Blackstock (Brandon is the stepson of Kelly’s manager Narvel Blackstock). In 2012, Kelly revealed that she knows him from six years but at that time, he was married. But, when she met him at Super Bowl, he was single. Hence, she married him in December 2012. The couple married on October 20, 2013 at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. She has two stepchildren – daughter Savannah and son Seth from Brandon’s last marriage. With Brandon, Kelly gave birth to her first child, a girl named, River Rose Blackstock on June 12th, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Clarkson is of English, Greek (from a maternal great-grandfather), German, Irish and Scottish descent.
She dyes her hair blonde.
Kelly is naturally a brunette.
37-31-37 in or 94-78-94 cm
Citizen watches (2013)
Best Known For
Winning the first season of American Idol in 2002. She is described as “The Original American Idol”.
Kelly released her debut album Thankful on April 15, 2003 via RCA. The pop rock album featured 12 tracks and charted at #1 in US Billboard 200. She was able to sell 2,776,000 copies in U.S. and 148,461 copies in U.K. It was certified as 2× Platinum in USA and received 4 stars (out of 5) from AllMusic.
Kelly debuted with 2002 gay-themed independent romantic drama film Issues 101 for her role as Crystal.
First TV Show
In 2002 only, Clarkson appeared as an extra in Fox’s sitcom That ’80s Show in an episode titled “Valentine’s Day”. Her role is uncredited.
Kelly’s personal trainer is Nora James. She is working with Nora since early 2012. Nora says she first studies the mind and body of her client so that she can make a tailor-made workout routine as per the body condition and client requirements.
Kelly only wanted to remain healthy and full of energy. Nora made Kelly to do different exercises each day as she (Nora) gets bored easily. Nora’s favorite exercise is boxing and so she also makes her client to do that. Nora did strength training, hiking, cardio, and others with her for an hour a day initially and increased the workout to two hours a day gradually.
She does not believe in diets. She, though, always keep fruits, vegetables, and nuts in her hand.
She suggests her readers to treat food as a medicine and don’t eat it to feed your emotion. Do exercises regularly by treating it as your job. You need job to survive and health to do job.
Kelly Clarkson Favorite Things
- Song – Des’ree Kissing You
- Artists – Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Reba McEntire
- Holiday Destination – Australia, Boston
Kelly Clarkson Facts
- Kelly’s parents divorced when she was six. So, she decided to stay with her mom, her brother went with dad, and her older sister Alyssa stayed with an aunt.
- Kelly has termed Aerosmith, Aretha Franklin, Garbage, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, Mariah Carey, Radiohead and Whitney Houston as her musical influences.
- She has previously worked at a zoo as well as in a bookstore.
- She supported and voted for Ron Paul in the 2012 presidential candidate.
- She support gay rights.
- She has also undergone an eye surgery in order to correct her vision.
- If she weren’t a singer, she would have been a marine biologist.
- When Kelly was a kid, she and her family suffered from financial disturbance. Hence, at that time, music was her shelter.
- If she could have dinner with anyone (living or dead), she would choose her grandparents.
- In 2002, Clarkson appeared as an extra in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch (based on Archie’s comic book series) in an episode “The Whole Ball of Wax”.
- Visit her official website @ kellyclarkson.com.
- Connect with Clarkson on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and iTunes.