Kelly Maria Ripa
Stratford, New Jersey, U.S.
Kelly graduated from Eastern Regional High School in Voorhees Township, New Jersey.
Later, she was enrolled into Camden County College to study psychology but dropped out to focus on her acting career.
Actress, talk show host, TV producer
- Father – Joseph Ripa (Labor Union President and Bus Driver)
- Mother – Esther (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Linda (Younger Sister) (Children’s Book Author)
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Ripa dated –
- Vincent Young (1994-1995) – From December 1994 to April 1995, she was romantically linked with actor Vincent Young.
- Mark Consuelos (1995-Present) – In May 1995, she commenced dating another actor, Mark Consuelos. They got married on May 1, 1996 (just a year after they started dating). The couple now has three children, Michael Joseph (b. June 2, 1997), Lola Grace (b. June 16, 2001), and Joaquin Antonio (b. February 24, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian and Irish ancestry.
- Thin frame
- Medium hair
- Number of Tattoos on her body
33-24-33 in or 84-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
Kelly has appeared in advertisements / TV commercials for McDonald’s (1990), Aquafina (2002), Pantene (2002), 7-Up Plus (2004), Commerce Bank (2006), Tide To Go Pen (2006-2007), General Motors (2007), Electrolux premium kitchen appliances (2008), Tide Ultra liquid detergent (2008), TD Bank (2010-2012), Colgate “Total” mouthwash / toothpaste (2013-2014), Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread (2014), etc.
She has appeared in print ads for Jockey Bras (1999), Pantene (2002), Ortega Tacos (2003), Rykä Core Strength XT athletic shoes (2008), etc.
Best Known For
Playing Faith Fairfield in the comedy series Hope & Faith from 2003 to 2006.
She is also known for co-hosting morning talk show Live! with Regis and Kelly.
In 1996, she debuted with drama film Marvin’s Room for her her role as Coral.
First TV Show
From 1986 to 1992, she appeared in USA Network’s dance television show Dance Party USA as a dancer.
Kelly Ripa trains her body everyday. She does it with more ease now, but it wasn’t the case when she started out.
She started her routine under the guidance of Anna Kaiser of AKT in Motion. She prefers to mix her interval training workout with dance classes to burn fat fast and get in shape.
Kelly prefers to do exercises in a group rather than individual.
You can check out her 2015 edition of workout routine and diet plan.
Kelly Ripa Favorite Things
- Food – Cheese, Girl Scout cookies (Samoas Flavor)
- TV Shows – Downton Abbey, Dance Moms
- Smell – Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
- Childhood Memory – Christmas Eve every year
- Film – Jaws (1975)
- Concert – Madonna’s Sticky and Sweet
- Snack – Think Thin peanut butter protein bars
- Cocktail – Champagne Mojito
- Sport – Snowshoeing
- TV Personality – Anderson Cooper
- Spectator Sport – Boxing
Source – Elle, Shape, OK!, Celebitchy
Kelly Ripa Facts
- Kelly has a pet dog, named, Chewy.
- Kelly is the first in her family to enter into show business (or specifically acting). She was encouraged by her drama teacher to try acting.
- She is skilled in ballet dancing. Kelly started learning ballet dance at the age of 3.
- She can also play piano.
- She is afraid of heights.
- Late Ruth Warrick was her acting mentor.
- Deejaying is her secret passion.
- She was a cheerleader at her high school.
- Kelly was discovered by author A. A. Milne, when she was playing in the comedy play The Ugly Duckling. She was in her senior year at that time.
- Together with her husband, Mark Consuelos, she founded a production company called Milojo, taking the name (first two characters) from their three children.
- She supports the Mothers Against Drunk Driving charity. She had almost lost her younger sister, Linda in 1999 due to a drunk driver.
- She has her own fitness inspired clothing line called “The Kelly Ripa Collection.”
- Connect with Kelly on Twitter, and Instagram.