Klay Alexander Thompson
Thompson, Splash Brother
Los Angeles, California, United States
Klay attended Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita from where he graduated in 2008.
After graduating from high school, Thompson enrolled himself into Washington State University where he played until his senior year when he decided to enter the 2011 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Mychal Thompson (Former NBA player who played for Portland Trail Blazers, San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers)
- Mother – Julie Thompson
- Siblings – Mychel Thompson (Older Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Trayce Thompson (Younger Brother) (Baseball Player)
Thompson is currently signed with Bill Duffy.
Shooting Guard / Small Forward
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Klay Thompson dated –
- Hannah Stocking – In the past, Klay spent some time together with the American model Hannah Stocking.
Race / Ethnicity
Klay has Bahamian ancestry.
- Beard (French cut)
- Towering height
Klay Thompson’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91½ cm
Thompson has appeared in TV adverts for ANTA KT1, Warrior, ESPN, Adobe, and Minions (2015).
Best Known For
Being one of the best shooting guards of his generation and for winning the 2014-2015 NBA title with the Golden State Warriors.
First Basketball Match
Klay played his first NBA game on December 25, 2011 against Los Angeles Clippers. The Warriors lost the game by 19 points with the ending result being 105-86 for the Clippers. Thompson spent 19 minutes on the court and scored 7 points with a total of 2 of 8 shooting.
Thompson had his NBA All-Star debut in 2015 when he was selected in the reserve team of the Western Conference All-Star team.
- Great fundamentals
- Team player
Klay has not acted in a feature film yet.
But, in 2014, he was seen in short documentary film The Charity Stripe where he played as himself.
First TV Show
Klay has not appeared in any of the TV shows.
If compared to players such as LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, Klay doesn’t stand a chance when it comes to having a muscular built. However, this doesn’t mean that Thompson is not working out. To be able to play in the best basketball league in the world, each player needs to be in a tremendous shape. Players goes through a long season and play games every single or every other night which demands a lot of energy, endurance, and strength in order to endure such a long and specific schedule.
In continuation, we share you a video of Thompson’s pre-draft workout which you can check on YouTube.
Also, we would like to share few other videos in which you can see how these NBA Players prepare during their college and high-school days –
Klay Thompson Favorite Things
- Movie – Happy Gilmore (1996)
- TV Show – Family Guy
- Food – Gyro
- Musicians – Bob Marley and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
- Song – Bob Marley & the Wailers – Is This Love (Horns Mix)
Source – Washington Post
Klay Thompson Facts
- Klay was selected by the Golden State Warriors as the 11th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
- In 2014, Thompson and his teammate Stephen Curry scored 484 three-pointers which at the time was an NBA record for most three-pointers scored by two teammates in one season. Because of this achievement, they were given the nickname “Splash Brothers”.
- He won the 2014-2015 NBA title with the Golden State Warriors after in the final series, they defeated Cleveland Cavaliers and their superstar LeBron James.
- Thompson’s family shifted to Lake Oswego, Oregon when he was 2 years old. There he first met his fellow and future NBA player Kevin Love.
- When he was 14, Klay and his family shifted to Ladera Ranch, California.
- In 2008, according to Rivals.com, Klay was ranked as the sixth best shooting guard and as the 51st best player in the country.
- In his freshman year at Washington State University, Thompson was selected to the Pac-10 All-Freshman Team and Collegehoops.net All-Freshman Honorable Mention Team.
- He was selected to the All Pac-10 First Team during his sophomore season.
- Thompson was titled Most Outstanding Player after he led his team to the Great Alaska Shootout Championship in which he managed to score 43 points in the finals.
- Klay averaged 19.6 points per game during his sophomore year at college which was second best in the conference.
- He was not elected for the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend Rising Stars Challenge.
- In 2012, Thompson was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- On October 31, 2014, Klay extended his contract with the Golden State Warriors for another four years.
- On March 8, 2015, Thompson passed his coach Steve Kerr (726) in most three-pointers made on the NBA’s all-time list.
- He won the 2016 All-Star Weekend’s Three-Point Contest. In the final round, he defeated his teammate Stephen Curry and Devin Booker from Phoenix Suns.
- Klay was a member of the U-19 national team of USA which won the 2009 FIBA Under-19 World Championship.
- Thompson was part of the USA’s national team which won a gold medal at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- During his time at college, Thompson was charged with possessing marijuana which was against the law. Because of the situation, Klay was banned from his final regular season game at Washington State University.
- He and his father Mychal became the 4th father-son duo who managed to each win the NBA Championship as players.
- Follow Klay on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.