Kanak Asha Huq
Hammersmith, London, England
Huq attended Notting Hill & Ealing High School in London. But, left the school after getting A-levels in physics, chemistry and mathematics and nine GCSEs.
She was good at sciences, but still chose to study economics and finally graduated with a 2:1 from Robinson College, Cambridge.
TV presenter, writer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Rupa Huq (Older Sister) (Writer, columnist, Labour Party politician), Nutun Huq (Older Sister)
Huq is signed to ROAR Global Management (formerly Shalit Global).
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
Konnie started dating English satirist and broadcaster, Charlie Brooker in 2009. After a nine month long relationship, Konnie and Charlie married at Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas on 26 July, 2010.
The couple welcomed their first child, Covey on March 23, 2012 and second child on February 28, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Bengali ancestry. Her mom and dad is from Bangladesh, who emigrated to London, England in 1960s.
- Mole mark on her right cheek
- Beauty spot on butt
35-24-34 in or 89-61-87 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in a HIV awareness advertisement.
Best Known For
Presenting CBBC children’s television programme Blue Peter from from December 1, 1997 until January 23, 2008.
She has not done any of the films.
First TV Show
In her lifetime, she has presented lot many shows such as TVFM (1991), Eat Your Words (1993), The Mag (1997), Milkshake! (1997), Blue Peter (1997-2008) and many others.
She loves chocolate and big breakfast. She eats mostly healthy. In one of her typical day breakfast, she had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs on toast and a cup of tea.
She loves to drink warm water throughout the day.
She has a celebrity crush on Dermot Murnaghan (Newsreader) and Boris Johnson (British Conservative Party politician).
Konnie Huq Favorite Things
- Food – Mum’s roast chicken
Source – DigitalSpy
Konnie Huq Facts
- Huq’s father expected her to marry a Muslim boy, but she married a British broadcaster.
- Out of the three sisters, Konnie is the only one not to have an arranged marriage.
- Konnie was born to Sunni Muslim Bangladeshi parents.
- She presented children’s TV programme Blue Peter for just more than 10 years and became the longest serving female presenter of Blue Peter.
- She is Simon Cowell’s favorite TV presenter.
- In less than a minute, Konnie pinned 17 Blue Peter badges on Andy Akinwolere’s shirt, which is a Guinness World Record.
- In 1992, when she was still in school, she appeared in the game show Blockbusters as a contestant with her friend Sarah. The duo got eliminated in the 2nd episode.
- Konnie also received an offer from Playboy and Loaded to pose topless for £500,000 in the past. She turned down the offer due to her family’s religious background.
- Konnie replaced Holly Willoughby in the seventh series of ITV2’s The Xtra Factor.
- When she was leaving Blue Peter in early 2008, she naively said that she want to do adult TV and in a short span of time, she was flooded with lots of offers.