Lamar Joseph Odom
Lam, Lam-Lam, Lamy
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Lamar first attended Christ The King Regional High School in Middle Village, Queens. However, because of poor grades, he left before his senior year and moved to Redemption Christian Academy in New York. He also attended St.Thomas Aquinas High School in New Britain, Connecticut.
After he finished high school, Lamar continued his education at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas from where he was released before the start of the season after a controversial report published by Sports Illustrated for his unexpected high score in the ACT test. Lamar was found guilty by the NCAA inquiry for receiving $5,600 from David Chapman which was against the rules of NCAA college basketball. This forced Lamar to sit out of the whole 1997-1998 season despite he already joined the University of Rhode Island.
Basketball Player (now retired)
- Father – Joe Odom (Heroin Addict)
- Mother – Cathy Mercer (Died of colon cancer when Lamar was 12 years old)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Mildred Mercer (Maternal Grandmother)
Odom is signed with Excel Sports Management.
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
104 kg or 230 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lamar Odom dated –
- Liza Morales (1996-2007) – Odom started dating the American fashion designer Liza Morales in 1996 while they were in high school. After several years together, the couple got engaged in 2000. Their romance lasted for 7 more years until 2007 when they broke off their engagement and got separated. Lamar and Liza have three children daughter, daughter Destiny (b. 1998), sons Lamar Jr. (b. 2002) and Jayden (b. December 15, 2005) (Died from sudden infant death syndrome while sleeping on June 29, 2006. At the time, he was only 6 and a half months old).
- Taraji P. Henson (2008-2009) – In October 2008, Odom commenced dating the American actress Taraji P. Henson. The couple stayed together for 8 months until June 2009, when they parted ways.
- Claudia Jordan (2009) – In 2009, Lamar had an encounter with the American TV personality Claudia Jordan.
- Khloe Kardashian (2009-2013) – In 2009, Lamar married the American TV personality, Khloe Kardashian after only a month of their first date. The couple stayed together for 4 years until 2013 when they split up. Eventually, Khloe and Lamar signed the divorce papers in July 2015. Still in October 2015, the court failed to approve their divorce request. After Odom was found unconscious in a brothel in Nevada and went through coma, the couple called off their divorce. Khloe confirmed that she made the decision to help Lamar during his recovery process.
- Jennifer Richardson (2012-2013) – In 2012, Lamar hooked up with the American girl Jennifer Richardson. They dated for couple of months when they decided to split.
- Polina Polonsky (2013) – In June 2013, the former NBA star had an encounter with Polina Polonsky.
- Ryder Cherry (2015) – In October 2015, Odom had fling with Ryder Cherry.
- Monica Monroe (2015) – In 2015, Lamar hooked up with a professional hooker Monica Monroe in a brothel in Crystal, Nevada.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Long arms
- Light Eyebrows
- Great Defensive player
Lamar’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 49 in or 124.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 40 in or 102 cm
Lamar has been seen in TV commercials for Nike, PowerBar, and Taco Bell.
Best Known For
Lamar Odom is known for winning two NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2009 and 2010. He is also known for being NBA Sixth Man of the Year in 2011. It is worth to mention that Odom was part of the USA National Basketball Team which won the gold medal at the 2010 World Championship in Turkey.
First Basketball Match
Lamar had his NBA debut on November 2, 1999 when his team at the time, Los Angeles Clippers faced the Seattle SuperSonics. Lamar had a huge night contributing with 30 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks for a total of 44 minutes spent on the court. However, the Clippers lost that game by 12, with the final result being 104-92 for Seattle.
- Great Defense
- Can play Power Forward
- Dangerous Left Hand
- Decent Post-Player
- Great Team Player
- Weak Shooting Percentage
- Weak Ball-Handling
In 2002, Lamar played as Coolidge Chickadee Player in the movie Van Wilder:Party Liaison. That was his first official movie appearance. But his role was uncredited.
First TV Show
In 2000, Odom acted as himself in the HBO situation comedy series Arli$$.
For years, Lamar’s personal trainer has been Fareed Samad with whom he worked on his athletic preparation.
In the below video, Lamar speaks about his preparation and training during the off season. Check it out.
Lamar Odom Favorite Things
- Movie – Goodfellas (1990)
- TV Show – Martin (1992-1997)
- Book – Malcolm X by Alex Haley
- Candy – Mini candy bars, Gummy Bears
Source – Wet Paint
Lamar Odom Facts
- After the death of his mother Cathy, Lamar was raised by his maternal grandmother Mildred Mercer.
- He was chosen for the Parade Player of the Year in 1997.
- Lamar wanted to join the NBA draft once he completed his high school studies. However, after a conversation with Kobe Bryant, Odom decided that he was not NBA ready and so, he enrolled himself into the University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
- In 1999, Odom confirmed that he would enter the 1999 NBA Draft after his freshman year at college. However, little bit later, Lamar wanted to change his decision and return to Rhode Island which did not happen because he had already registered with an agent and it was too late to withdraw from the draft.
- In the 1999 NBA Draft, Odom was chosen as the 4th overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers.
- During the 2000-2001 season in Clippers, Odom averaged 17.2 points per match.
- Lamar shifted to Miami Heat for the 2003-2004 NBA season.
- After the 2003-2004 season, Odom was sent to Los Angeles Lakers after a trade deal between the Lakers and Miami Heat which included Lamar himself, Caron Butler and Brian Grant in exchange for Shaquille O’Neal.
- Lamar started in the TV show Keeping Up with the Kardashians in 2009, featured as a supporting cast member on the entertainment television E! He also performed in the TV series Khloe & Lamar which started on April 10, 2011. However, after only two seasons, the show was stopped.
- On December 11, 2011, Odom was sent to Dallas Mavericks in exchange for the first-round pick and an 8.9 million dollar trade exception. During that time, NBA’s chairman David Stern disapproved the potential trade deal between Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and New Orleans which included Chris Paul, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Paul Gasol, and Goran Dragic.
- On March 2, 2012, Odom was sent to the Texas Legends in the NBA Development League. Eventually, only a day after, the Mavericks returned him to their active roster.
- Odom joined the Los Angeles Clippers on June 29, 2012 after a four-team trade.
- On August 30, 2013, Lamar was charged by the police for driving under the influence (DUI).
- On February 18, 2014, Odom shifted to the Spanish team Laboral Kutxa Baskonia with which he signed a two-month contract with a possibility of an extension. However, he did appear in only two games for the Spanish side because of a back injury that forced him to return to United States for a full recovery.
- In the middle of the 2013-2014 NBA season, Odom was penned by the New York Knicks. Eventually, on July 11, 2014, Lamar got fired.
- He is the owner of Rich Soil Entertainment, a music and movie production company.
- On October 13, 2015, Odom was found unconscious in a brothel in Crystal, Nevada and was immediately sent to a rehabilitation hospital in Las Vegas. Lamar remained in coma for few days and experienced several strokes and kidney failure. Eventually, his recovery process went well.
- In 2015, Lamar was the most searched personality on Google Search.
- Visit Odom’s official website @ lamarodom.com.
- Follow Lamar on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.