Margaret Denise Quigley
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Pound Ridge, New York, U.S.
She started her primary education at the Mililani Waena Elementary School, where she studied till 5th grade before moving to Wheeler Intermediate School.
After that, she got enrolled at the Mililani High School and graduated in 1997.
She wanted to pursue veterinary science and even got an admission in a private university on athletics scholarship. However, her family couldn’t support her financially.
- Father – US army veteran
- Mother – Property Investor
- Siblings – She has four older siblings including two older sisters and two older half siblings from her mother’s first marriage.
Maggie Q is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
51 kg or 112½ lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maggie Q dated –
- Daniel Henney (2005) – Maggie had a very short lived romance with actor and model Daniel Henney in 2005. They were reported to have met at a party in Hong Kong.
- Justin Long (2007) – Actors Justin Long and Maggie Q started dating after having worked together in the 2007 film Live Free or Die Hard. They were even spotted making out while attending a party at the Playboy mansion.
- Brett Ratner (2008-2010) – Maggie dated film director Brett Ratner, with whom she had earlier worked with in Rush Hour 2 in 2001, for couple of years. They ended their relationship in 2010.
- David Leitch (2010) – In 2010, it was reported that Maggie Q was seeing the Hollywood stuntman David Leitch, whom she had first met on the sets of movie Balls of Fury (2007).
- Thomas Care (2011-2012) – Maggie created quite a stir when she started dating her TV series Nikita crew member Thomas Care in 2011. The scandalous aspect of this relationship was that Care was a married man at the time of relationship. They were spotted together on casual outings as well as red carpet events.
- Dylan McDermott (2014-Present) – Maggie was first spotted together with her Stalker co-star in September 2014 while shopping in Brentwood. They went public with their relationship by getting engaged and walking the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards in January 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father is of Polish and Irish descent, whereas her mother is of Vietnamese origin.
- Tall and very slim figure
- Tattoos on her arms
- Exotic look
31-22-32 in or 79-56-81 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Maggie Q has done brand endorsements for –
- Beauty and makeup brand Lux
- Japanese personal care and cosmetics giant Shiseido.
- Just Diamond Jewellery
- Max Factor
- Oil Of Olay
- Far Eastern Bank, etc.
Have a look at the Lux White ad.
Best Known For
Having starred in Mission: Impossible III (2006), Rush Hour 2 (2001), science fiction action film series Divergent, and TV show Nikita from 2010 to 2013.
She made her movie debut in the Cantonese horror comedy Gui ming mo in 2000 for her role as Anna.
First TV Show
She made her first TV appearance in Cantonese drama show House of the Dragon in 1998 as Devine in a number of episodes.
Maggie Q performs an intense workout routine almost daily that includes core exercises, plyometric and martial arts training to keep her toned body in fighting shape for her challenging action stunts.
She has revealed that practicing martial art moves for her action sequences is more than enough to keep her body strong and lean. When she is not filming, she prefers to practice yoga to keep her body flexible and supple.
Maggie eats only vegetarian food.
Maggie Q Favorite Things
- Food Item – Kale
- Meal – Salads
Source – SheKnows
Maggie Q Facts
- Maggie Q was nominated as the best body in the senior year of her high school, where she excelled in swim, field and track events as well.
- At the age of 17, Maggie moved to Japan to start her modeling career after a suggestion from her friend.
- Maggie has a phoenix tattoo on her left hip, which was done by an artist in Vancouver and drawn by an artist in Asia to symbolize her career journey.
- While working as a model in Hong Kong, she was selected by action star Jackie Chan as a protégé and made her undergo intensive training to become an action star.
- In August 2011, she had a temporary hearing loss while doing a stunt.
- She is an animal lover and has history of adopting rescued dogs as pets. At one time, she had eight rescued dogs in her house.
- Maggie is involved with the animal rights organization, PETA and has fronted number of campaigns for the group in Asia.
- In 2008, she was selected by the Asia Pacific division of PETA as ‘Person of the Year’ and also shortlisted her in the best dressed celebrities list.
- For her TV series, she keeps her wardrobe and set free of any exotic animal skin products and props.
- Connect with Maggie Q on Instagram.