Maria aspires to study science. She has learned English from a college course in the US.
Fashion / Runway model
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Died when Maria was 11.
- Siblings – She has an older sister and brother.
She can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg / Berlin
- Elite Model Management – Stockholm
- Way Model Management – Sao Paulo
- Traffic Models – Barcelona / Madrid
- Elite Model Management – China
- IMG Models – Sydney
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- We are Models – Lisboa
- 20 Model Management – Cape Town
- Supreme Management
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maria Borges has dated –
- Duke Mandinga – Actor Duke Mandinga and Maria are dating each other from quite some time.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and thin frame
- Buzzcut hair
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Brandon Maxwell, Mizani, H&M, Givenchy, C&A, Tommy Hilfiger, Saks Fifth Avenue, etc.
She has not spoken about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Walking the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
First Fashion Week
Maria debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2012 fashion shows where she walked the ramp for 1º Classe Alviero Martini, Bill Blass, Carmen Marc Valvo, Costello Tagliapietra, Creatures of the Wind, Custo Barcelona, Cynthia Rowley, Douglas Hannant, Monique Lhuillier, Naeem Khan, Nicole Miller, Philipp Plein, Rachel Zoe, Roccobarocco, Ruffian, Tess Giberson, Theyskens’ Theory, Tibi, and Vivienne Tam.
She hasn’t appeared in a film yet.
First TV Show
Maria has never acted in a television show yet.
She exercises in the gym. Maria pays more attention to her legs, being a model. She does yoga, Zumba dance workout, Pilates, spinning workout, running outdoors, etc.
Maria eats healthy and doesn’t do any crazy diets which may have a harmful effect on the body.
Maria Borges Favorite Things
- Exercise – Running on the bicycle
Source – XONecole
Maria Borges Facts
- Mario’s childhood was spent in the Angolan Civil War.
- Maria was raised by her older siblings.
- In late 2010 (at 17 years of age), she was discovered when she came 2nd during the Elite Model Look contest (Angolan edition).
- She has become the favorite model of Italian fashion designer Riccardo Tisci.
- Maria considers Tisci as her godfather.
- Borges was the top model of 2013 as per Forbes Africa Magazine.
- When she walked the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show wearing her natural afro hair, she became the first black model to do so on November 10, 2015.
- She has walked in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- She lost her mom when she was 11.
- She knows Portuguese and English (She did English course from a city college).
- She has a tattoo on her body which reads “Step by step.”
- Borges was a quiet schoolgirl.
- In her childhood, she wanted to become a doctor.
- Naomi Campbell is her fashion icon.
- She won the Ford Supermodel Angola 2011.
- Visit her official website @ iammariaborges.com.
- Join Maria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.