Mariah Angela Carey
Mimi, Mary Poppins, MC, Mermaid, Mirage, Songbird, The Voice
Long Island, Huntington, New York, U.S.
Mariah attended Harborfields High School in Greenlawn, New York and graduated in 1987. She also attended Florida Atlantic University.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, actress
- Father – Alfred Roy
- Mother – Patricia (née Hickey)
- Siblings – Allison Carey (Sister), Morgan Carey (Brother)
She was previously managed by Randy Jackson.
R&B, pop, hip hop, soul, dance
Columbia, Virgin, MonarC, Island, Def Jam, Epic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mariah Carey dated –
- Tommy Mottola (1992-1998) – Thomas Mottola, a music executive and co-owner of Casablanca Records dated Carey in 1992, when they first met in a party. Soon, the couple engaged on December 25, 1992. Their marriage took place on June 5, 1993 in a lavish ceremony. Their marriage broke out on May 5, 1998. He is 21 years older than her.
- Eddie Griffin (1996-1997) – American actor and comedian had a brief relationship starting from July 1996, when Mariah had written a song on Griffin titled “Fourth of July” because this is the date when the two met.
- Derek Jeter (1997-1998) – American baseball shortstop, who plays for New York Yankees was romantically linked to Mariah from December 1997 until November 1998.
- Jamie Theakston (1998) – English TV and radio presenter had a fling with Mariah in late 1998.
- Marcus Schenkenberg (1998) – Dual citizenship holder, a Swedish model, Marcus had a brief relationship with singer Mariah in 1998. This happened when they first met at P. Diddy’s birthday bash.
- Luis Miguel (1999-2001) – A Mexican singer, known for his love of privacy, was romantically linked to singer Carey from 1999 to 2001.
- Eric Benét (2001) – American R&B singer worked with Mariah and also dated during the same time in 2001.
- Eminem (2001-2006) – Marshall Bruce, better known as Eminem became an item on July 8, 2001. The relationship went till 2006. But, it was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. They broke in between, multiple times.
- Mark Sudack (2003-2005) – Mark, another singer from America dated for more than a year from 2003 to 2005 with Carey, as she broke out with Eminem at that time.
- Christian Monzon (2005-2006) – American successful model, Christian Monzon dated for less than a year from 2005 to 2006. They filmed some steamy hot scenes for Carey’s single “Don’t Forget About Us”.
- Nick Cannon (2008-2015) – American actor, and rapper, Cannon is married to Mariah Carey. They commenced dating in February 2008, engaged on April 22, 2008, and soon married on April 30 in the same year. The couple has two children, twins (born on April 30, 2011), named Monroe (daughter) and Moroccan Scott Cannon (son). The couple separated in August 2014. Nick filed for divorce in December 2014, which was finalised in April 2015.
- James Packer (2015-2016) – In June 2015, she started dating Australian billionaire, James Packer. They were spotted together in Capri, Italy on June 19, 2015 vacationing. Her engagement to James was announced on January 21, 2016. But, they called off the engagement in October 2016.
- Bryan Tanaka (2016-Present) – In November 2016, she started dating choreographer Bryan Tanaka.
Race / Ethnicity
Mariah has African American and Venezuelan (also Afro-Venezuelan) ancestry on her father’s side, while she has white Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Curvaceous, buxom figure
- A mole mark below her lips
38-26-35 in or 96.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Forever, Lollipop Bling, Luscious Pink, Jenny Craig, Pepsi
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Her multi-platinum albums such as Mariah Carey (1990), Emotions (1991), Music Box (1993), Daydream (1995) and others.
On June 12, 1990 (in USA), she released her debut studio album Mariah Carey by Columbia Records. The album was able to sold more than 15 million copies in the world with a status of 9x platinum in the USA.
She appeared in 1999 romantic comedy film The Bachelor for her role as Ilana.
First TV Show
From 1990 to 2008, she appeared in a total of 4 episodes as musical guest in late night TV show Saturday Night Live.
Bernardo Coppola is the personal trainer of Carey. They together do a lot of cardio, weight training, and aquatic exercises like swimming for toning the body. She is able to do her workouts four times a week.
Mariah Carey Favorite Things
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Color – Pink
- Actors – Marilyn Monroe, James Dean
Mariah Carey Facts
- She had great interest in literature, art and music related subjects during school time.
- She learnt classical opera in her childhood (or early years) in a training with her mother. But, Carey didn’t show much interest in that area and hence didn’t developed her career in that genre.
- She received “2001 Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress” for her 2002 movie Glitter.
- She had breast implants in the past.
- Mariah prefers to wear black colored clothes.
- She received the nickname “Mirage” in school because she often cut glass.
- Mariah received her real name after the song “They Call the Wind Mariah” from Paint your Wagon.
- Patti LaBelle is her godmother.
- She had studied cosmetology in NYC.
- Mariah Carey’s fans are known as “Lambily”.
- Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey’s “One Sweet Day” made it to the number one position in the Billboard Hot 100 list for a continuous 16 weeks, which is the longest running number one single in the history.
- Mariah’s legs are insured for $1 billions.
- Visit her official website @ mariahcarey.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube VEVO, Google+, and iTunes.