Marion was born on 30 September, 1975
She resides at Paris, France and Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Jean-Claude Cotillard (Actor, teacher)
- Mother – Niseema Theillaud (Actress, drama teacher)
- Siblings – Quentin Cotillard (Twin Younger Brother) (Sculptor), Guillaume Cotillard (Twin Younger Brother) (Screenwriter, director)
- Others – Laurent Cotillard (Cousin) (Actor)
Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, tambourine, keyboard
Yes, she can play all these instruments.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Marion Cotillard dated –
- Guillaume Canet (2007-Present) – Marion is currently dating French actor and director, Guillaume since 2007. However, they met on the set of 2003 movie Love Me If You Dare for the first time. The couple do not share their news about being together to the media. But, they are seen together frequently shopping. They are living together and have given birth to their first child, a son named Marcel, which they announced on May 20, 2011.
- Johnny Depp (2008) – RUMOR
A mole mark in the middle of the forehead.
35-24-34 in or 89-61-87 cm
She has appeared in the exhibition of French fashion label Christian Dior.
She appeared on the cover of W Magazine wearing Dior Haute Couture in December 2012 issue.
Cotillard is non-religious.
Best Known For
Her role as Édith Piaf in the 2007 French biopic La Vie en rose (In English – Life in Pink) in which she played the lead role of a French singer Édith Piaf. The film was based on the biography of Édith Piaf.
She won 22 awards for this movie in different categories Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for Best Actress.
Also, there were several other nominations, which didn’t turn into actual awards.
She has not released any album, but appeared in a 2007 biopic La Vie en rose, which is based on the life of a French singer Édith Piaf. Marion portrayed the role of Édith Piaf. Later, her performance in the movie was widely praised by the audience.
In 1994, Marion debuted with French film L’ Histoire du garçon qui voulait qu’on l’embrasse for her role as Mathilde.
To keep herself in shape, she does gymming. But, not only that, Marion likes to do walking as well as cycling. This makes her lean legs look more lean and sexy.
It’s not like that she was born with a magical gene. So, she takes care of her diet plan as well.
Marion Cotillard Favorite Things
Marion Cotillard Facts
- Marion was not chosen for the lead role as French singer Édith Piaf in the 2007 biopic La Vie en Rose, based on her performance. Instead, she was chosen by director Olivier Dahan, as her eyes looked similar to Édith. Marion was shortlisted based on her pictures only. She didn’t even met the director in personal, before the casting.
- She is an avid fan of Canadian singer Hawksley Workman and Radiohead.
- In 2008, she attracted some controversy as she raised some questions on the explanation of World Trade Center attack (on September 11, 2001). According to Marion, the attack was intentional and she later aplogised for her explanation citing that her answers were taken out of context.
- She has become the fifth actress to win the Oscar award in the category of “Best Actress” for playing a female singer in a biopic.
- She attended AMPAS in 2008. Marion was among the 105 people to be invited.
- Marion supported Chief Raoni publicly in his fight against Belo Monte Dam in 2011.
- She is a member of Greenpeace.