Mark Travis John Sanchez
Long Beach, California, United States
Sanchez studied at Santa Margarita High School and played for the football team.
Mark later shifted to Mission Viejo High School in California where he felt that he could improve his play in a better way under the coach Johnson who (at that time) had already trained professionals such as Carson Palmer.
After Sanchez graduated from high school, he decided to attend the University of Southern California from where he later dropped out.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Nick Sr. Sanchez (Fire captain for the Orange County Fire Authority, Member of National urban search and rescue team)
- Mother – Olga Sanchez
- Siblings – Nick Jr. Sanchez (Older Brother) (Business Litigator) (Agent), Brandon Sanchez (Brother) (Mortgage Broker)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Sanchez dated –
- Lindsay McCormick – In the past, Mark was RUMORed to have fling with Lindsay McCormick.
- Jennifer Mueller (2008-2009) – In the period from 2008 until 2009, Sanchez was in a relationship with Jennifer Mueller.
- Hilary Rhoda (2009) – In 2009, Mark was linked with American model Hilary Rhoda. Eventually, their relationship was characterized as a RUMOR.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (2010) – Mark was in a brief relationship with actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler in 2010.
- Eliza Kruger (2011) – In 2011, Mark spent some time dating with Eliza Kruger.
- Kate Upton (2011) – In 2011, Sanchez was RUMORed to be dating with model Kate Upton.
- Eva Longoria (2012) – Mark was in a short lived relationship with actress Eva Longoria in 2012.
- Alana Kari (2013-Present) – In 2013, Sanchez began dating the Andorran socialite Alana Kari. The couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Big Ears
- Moles on the right and left cheeks
Mark Sanchez’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Mark has appeared in TV adverts for Toyota, Pepsi MAX, Super Bowl, etc.
Best Known For
Playing in the NFL (National Football League) as a quarterback.
First American Football Match
Sanchez had his NFL debut on September 13, 2009 when as member of the New York Jets, he faced Houston Texas. The Jets won the match with 24-7.
Mark has not acted in a feature film yet. But has been seen in couple of short films and documentaries.
First TV Show
In 2009, Mark appeared in the sports talk show Rome Is Burning as himself.
Mark’s workout and diet are not known.
However, we’ve managed to find one video of his workout that he went through in 2010.
Mark Sanchez Favorite Things
- Mexican Dish – Chicken enchiladas with red ranchera sauce, Chorizo con huevo y papas burritos, Carne asada street style tacos
Source – Latina.com
Mark Sanchez Facts
- Mark’s parents split when he was 4. After their divorce, Mark and his two brothers started living with their father.
- When Mark was 6, his father decided that it’s best for them to shift to Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County, California.
- His father Mark would make him undergo a combination of mental and athletic performance training. He was forced to dribble a basketball and tell multiplication tables simultaneously. He trained baseball swings in a cage and during the same time, he needed to answer questions about the periodic table.
- During his freshman year at Santa Margarita, Sanchez threw a 55-yard touchdown.
- In 2005, Mark was selected as a football player of the year and was considered one of the best quarterbacks in the United States after the end of his high school football career.
- In April 2006, Mark was handcuffed by the police because of sexual abuse over a female USC student. Eventually, he was briefly imprisoned and was released only a day after.
- He attended 2009 Scouting Combine during the pre-draft period. After the event, Sanchez was still ranked as one of the top quarterbacks right behind Matthew Stafford from the University of Georgia.
- Before the start of the 2009 NFL Draft, several teams showed their interest about picking Mark including Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Washington Redskins.
- In the 2009 NFL Draft, Mark was selected as the fifth overall pick by the New York Jets.
- On June 10, 2009, Sanchez penned a five-year contract worth 50 million dollars of which 28 million were guaranteed. At that time, his contract was the largest ever in Jets’ history.
- On March 21, 2014, Mark got released by the New York Jets. Eight days later, on March 29, 2014, Sanchez agreed to a one-year contract with Philadelphia Eagles worth 2.25 million dollars.
- He extended his contract with The Eagles for two more years in March 2015. His extension was worth 16 million dollars.
- On March 11, 2016, Mark was sent to the Denver Broncos in substitute for 2017 conditional draft pick.
- He is a fan of musical theater.
- Mark was part of the 2010 Tony Awards as a presenter.
- He has contributed his time to charities like Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Sam Club, and Teddy Atlas Foundation.
- Follow Mark on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.