Matthew James Morrison
Matt, Matty Fresh
Ford Ord, California, U.S.
While he was at the Los Alamitos High School campus in California, the actor was a part of Collaborative Arts Project 21 (CAP21) and the Orange County High School of the Arts.
Matthew dropped out of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts after two years for Broadway.
Actor, dancer, singer-songwriter
- Father – Tom Morrison (Midwife)
- Mother – Mary Morrison (Nurse)
- Siblings – None
He is managed by Podwall Entertainment.
Pop, jazz, soul, pop standards
Mercury, 222 Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Morrison dated –
- Kristen Bell (1995-1996) – Matthew Morrison dated American actress and singer Kristen Bell for a brief period until 1996.
- Chrishell Stause (2004-2007) – The actor met actress Chrishell Stause in 2004 and the couple dated for two years before getting engaged on December 9, 2006. They broke off their engagement in September 2007.
- Lea Michele (2007) – Matthew was in a relationship with actress Lea Michele for a short while in 2007.
- Kelly Brook (2010) – In 2010, he met English model and actress Kelly Brook at Elton John’s Oscar party. They dated for a few months before calling it quits.
- Olivia Munn (2011) – Matthew was in a relationship with actress and model Olivia Munn in 2011.
- Renee Puente (2011-Present) – The actor started dating actress Renee Puente in 2011. Elton John helped the actor in announcing his engagement in public on June 27, 2013. The couple got married at the Maui island on October 18, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish descent.
- Curly Hair
- His smile
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Best Known For
Some of his notable movies include Marci X (2003), Music and Lyrics (2007) and Underdogs (2015).
In Television, Morrison is best-known for playing the character of Will Schuester in the Fox series Glee (2009-2015).
His first movie was Simply Funk with Suzanne (1999) as himself.
First TV Show
In 1999, Matt made his debut in television with HBO’s rom-com Sex and The City in which he played the role of a Young Busboy in 1 episode.
First Broadway Appearance
His first career break came with his debut in Broadway in the Footloose musical theater production in 1998.
On January 14, 2010, Matthew and Mercury Records entered into a solo record deal. He released his first album titled Matthew Morrison on May 10, 2011. He also sang duets with Elton John. Summer Rain was his first single and it was premiered on February 2, 2011. He also sang a duet with Gwyneth Paltrow titled Over the Rainbow.
His second album Where It All Began was released on June 4, 2013 by 222 Records.
Matthew Morrison’s personal trainer is not known.
According to a recent interview, he has an amazing body, all thanks to sweet potatoes. He ate only sweet potatoes, three days prior to a beach photo shoot for DETAILS magazine in late 2016.
Morrison stated that he wanted to show off his six-pack and the potato had a sponge-type effect on his body making it shrink and become tight.
Matthew Morrison Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
- Animal – Kangaroo
- Musical – Assassins
- Actor – James Dean, Kevin Kline
- Movies – The Goonies (1985), The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Pastime – Cooking
Source – Matthew-Morrison, Broadway.com
Matthew Morrison Facts
- Matthew was brought up at Orange County in California.
- The seeds of acting were sown when he was a child. He participated in a theater camp and decided to become an entertainer.
- During his high school days, he was into plays and musicals. Apart from that, he played soccer, was school president and the prom king.
- He performed in a musical along with actress Jodie Sweetin during his high school days.
- During his college days, Morrison was into boxing and also competed in a fee matches with his roommate.
- During his early years, Matthew was the member of LMNT boy band but says that it was the worst phase of his life.
- Matthew is a Buena Park Youth theater member.
- The actor has an allergy from cats.
- In December 2006, he did a benefit performance hosted in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of The Kids In The Hall performing troupe in Costa Mesa, California. The collection was used for pre-professional training of young students of Grade 6-12 at The California Conservatory of the Arts in Orange County, California.
- For his auditions for Glee, the actor learnt to play the ukulele. He first played Somewhere over the Rainbow on the instrument in 2008 for Marissa Winokur’s newborn baby.
- The actor was on the June 2011 cover of the MetroSource Magazine.
He made his UK debut on April 28, 2013 as a guest performer during the Laurence Olivier Awards held in London.
- His best friend is his Hairspray co-star Marissa Winokur.
- On July 7, 2016, Matthew made an appearance with Megan Hilty in Forest Hills, Queens in a summer evening of Broadway.
- Connect with Matthew on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Spotify, YouTube VEVO, Google+, and iTunes.
- You can also visit his official website.