Los Angeles, California, U.S.
West Hollywood, California, U.S.
Megan Mullally attended Casady School to complete her high schooling from there.
She then enrolled herself at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois for further studies. She opted for English literature and Art History as subjects for her graduation.
- Father – Carter Mullally, Jr. (Actor)
- Mother – Martha (née Palmer) (Former Model)
- Siblings – Not Known
Megan Mullally is attached to United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), US.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
148 lbs or 67 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Megan Mullally is romantically associated with –
- William H. Macy – The actor, screenwriter, teacher, and director, William H. Macy was in a brief relationship with the actress in the past.
- Michael A. Katcher (1992-1996) – Megan Mullally got married to the casting director, Michael A. Katcher in 1992, after commencing dating in the same year. However, the two separated soon in 1996.
- Nick Offerman (2000-Present) – The actor, writer, humorist, and carpenter, Nick Offerman, who is known for his role in ‘Parks and Recreation,’ met the actress during a play in Los Angeles. The duo started dating in 2000 and Megan announced her engagement in September 2002. The couple got married on September 20, 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
Megan Mullally has Irish ancestry from her paternal side.
In 1999, Megan revealed in an interview to The Advocate magazine that she is a bisexual.
But, later on, in an interview to the same magazine in 2010, she clarified the situation and hinted towards being a heterosexual (straight).
- Charming face
- Speaking eyes
37-27-39 in or 94-69-99 cm
10 (US) or 14 (UK)
6 (US) or 4 (UK)
Megan Mullally has appeared in various TV commercials as well as print ads.
She had appeared in a TV commercial for McDonald’s in the year 1983. After this, she had not appeared in many commercials until 2000.
Since 2000, Megan Mullally has appeared in TV Commercials for Old Navy (2000), cheaptickets.com (2004), M&M candies (2005), Tampax tampons (2008), and ‘I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter’ margarine (2010).
In 2001, she had appeared in a print ad for Ford Motor company‘s “Tied to the Cause.”
In 2005, she had appeared in “The More You Know” Public Service Announcement (PSA) Campaign created by NBC television.
The religious views of Megan Mullally are not known.
Best Known For
Megan Mullally is best known for her role in the TV series Will & Grace where she appeared as an alcoholic socialite Karen Walker. Megan appeared in all the 194 episodes aired from 1998-2006.
Megan Mullally is also a singer, besides being an actress. She is a member of the band Supreme Music Program. The band has released three albums – The Sweetheart Break-In, Big as a Berry, Free Again!
In 2012, she and Stephanie Hunt formed a band, Nancy and Beth. Together, they have performed at various places. In March 2013, they also went on a tour. You can find the band’s official website @ nancyandbeth.com. The duo is also available on Twitter and Facebook.
Megan Mullally first appeared in the romantic comedy movie Risky Business in 1983 for her role as a call girl.
Her first recognized role was as Suzette in the horror comedy film Once Bitten released in 1985.
First TV Show
Megan Mullally first appeared on television as Sharon in the TV movie The Children Nobody Wanted (1981). Here her name was featured as Megan Mullalley.
However, her first TV show was Tall Tales & Legends where she played the role as Posy in an episode titled “Pecos Bill” in 1986.
Megan Mullally has not hired any personal trainer. Instead, she has been a devotee of Pilates since she was 48 years old. The actress also does not eat junk food or takes alcohol, contradictory to her role as Karen in the popular TV show ‘Will & Grace.’
Reportedly, the actress is known to go to the gym for five days in a week, where she indulges herself over the Reformer and does weight training.
Megan Mullally Favorite Things
- Movies – The Graduate (1967), Mary Poppins (1964), Barry Lyndon (1975), Sexy Beast (2001), The Crowd (1928), Harvey (1950)
Source – Rotten Tomatoes
Megan Mullally Facts
- Mullally is also regular in her Broadway appearances. She made her debut as Marty in the revival of ‘Grease’ in 1994. Later, she appeared in the 1995 revival of ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying’ where she appeared as Rosemary.
- Megan is also a trained ballet dancer. She started practicing ballet at the age of six and performed at the Oklahoma City Ballet during her tenure in high school. She has also studied ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City.
- The actress has won three consecutive Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in Comedy from 2002 to 2004. She has four Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Emmy Awards for her performances until 2015.
- She has two poodles, viz., Willa and Elmo.
- Megan Mullally has appeared with her husband, Nick Offerman in ‘Will & Grace’ and ‘Parks and Recreation.’ She has also appeared in the play ‘Annapurna’ at the Acorn Theater, New York.
- Visit her official website @ meganmullally.net.
- You may want to follow her on Twitter.