Melissa Suzanne George
Mel, Gorgeous George, Roo
Perth, Western Australia
New York City, New York, U.S.
Melissa George attended Warwick Senior High School in Perth, Australia. However, she dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue a career in modeling and acting.
- Father – Glenn George (Construction Worker)
- Mother – Pamela George (Nurse)
- Siblings – Marnie George (Sister), Kate George (Sister), Brett George (Brother)
- Others – Glee (Bulldog)
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
123½ lbs or 56 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa George has been romantically linked with –
- Steve Bastoni – The Italian-Australian actor, Steve Bastoni was in a brief relationship with George in the past.
- Claudio Dabed (1998-2008) – The Chilean furniture designer and film director Claudio Dabed met the actress in 1998 in Bali. The couple got married in the year 2000. The relationship was terminated about a decade later in 2008, and they announced their divorce in 2011.
- Russell Simmons (2011-2012) – The hip-hop mogul and business magnate Russell Simmons was in a brief relationship with the actress from 2011 to 2012.
- Jean David Blanc (2011-Present) – The French entrepreneur, the founder of AlloCiné, film producer, writer and jazz musician, Jean David Blanc met the actress at BAFTA after party in 2011. They started dating since then. The couple has a son Raphaël who was born in 2014. The actress is expecting a second baby with Blanc in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Hourglass body
- Gorgeous appearance
- Blue eyes
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 6 (UK)
Melissa George has endorsed the brands Napoleon Perdis and Linneys in the past.
Melissa George’s religious views are not known.
Best Known For
Melissa George is best known for her appearance in successful TV shows that have been aired in UK and US. Among these, the most prominent are Hunted (2012), Friends (2003), Alias (2003-2004), In Treatment (2008), Grey’s Anatomy (2008-2009) and Lie To Me (2010).
She is also known to her Australian fans as Rosie in The Australian TV series The Slap (2011).
Melissa George first appeared as Rex Fable in a TV movie in 1997 titled Fable.
Her first role on the big screen was as May in the 1998 release Dark City.
First TV Show
Melissa George first appeared as Angel Parrish in the Australian television soap opera Home and Away from 1993-1996.
Melissa George underwent training in New York for her role in 2012 series ‘Hunted.’ It was reported that her personal trainer is also her real estate agent in New York and a champion basketball player.
However, the actress insists on a healthy diet which keeps her fit rather than various workouts. She prefers no-grain diet. Fruits and veggies are an intrinsic part of the actress’ daily intake.
George is also known to walk for about ten miles and do Pilates. She does Tracy Anderson training twice a week to maintain her figure.
Melissa George Favorite Things
- Designer – Balmain
- Clothing Articles – Balmain leather pants, a knee high ripped suede boots from Louboutin, Jimmy Choo black stilettos in suede and a Balmain velvet tuxedo jacket.
- Stop – Dakarma in Marrakesh, a hotel.
- Place – Buenos Aires, Corsica
- Drink – Dirty Martini
- Director – David Lynch, Steven Soderbergh, Rodrigo Garcia
- Movie – Belle de Jour, Sex and Lucia, It’s a Wonderful Life
- Actresses – Jessica Lange, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard and Catherine Deneuve
- Dream Guests – Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino and Oprah
- Line/ Quote – “When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew.” By William Shakespeare.
Source – Hydrogen Mag
Melissa George Facts
- She was a national champion in roller-skating in Australia during her teens. She had won two bronze medals in the National Championships in 1989 and 1990. She also won a silver medal at the Junior World Championship in 1991.
- She had been modeling since the age of 16. George was awarded the title, Western Australia’s teenage model of the year in 1992.
- Melissa George gave birth to her first baby in 2014 when she was shooting for ‘The Good Wife.’ The producers of the show were impressed by her guest roles and wanted her to stay on the show even during her pregnancy. The role and cast was adjusted to the actress’ changing body shape.
- Melissa George was given a natural US citizenship since she is the cousin of opera singer Taryn Fiebig.
- Not only acting, the actress has other talents as well, which includes the credit of inventing ‘Style Snaps,’ a device which allows change of pant hem length without sewing. The actress claims that it has been so successful in the market that it provides her with more income than her acting career.
- The actress quit the TV series ‘Home and Away’ and made a health and fitness video “Mind, Body and Soul” in 1996. She also created a sleepwear line which is known as “An Angel at My Bedside.”
- Melissa George can be followed on her official website.