Havoc, Carras, Macca
Wallsend, Tyne and Wear, England
Michael Carrick attended Western Middle School in his hometown.
He then moved to Burnside High School, where he got admission due to his soccer skills.
After that he shifted to North Tyneside Schools. He was also enrolled in the Burnside Community High School after which he cleared his GCSE exams in 1997.
He started his soccer education by turning out for the Wallsend Boys Club on Saturday nights. He was eventually accepted in the West Ham Academy and it was there, he graduated to the senior team.
Professional soccer player
- Father – Vince Carrick
- Mother – Lynn Carrick (Housewife)
- Siblings – Graeme Carrick (Younger Brother) (Former youth Soccer player and Football Association Coach)
Michael Carrick is represented by Skillequal Ltd. talent agency.
Central Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder
16 – Manchester United
23 – Tottenham Hotspur
22 – England
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Carrick dated –
- Lisa Carrick (1998-Present) – Michael Carrick and Lisa Roughead started dating while both were studying at Burnside Community High School. Also, they grew up just couple of streets away from each other and slowly Lisa became a constant fixture amongst Manchester United WAGs. They dated for about a decade before deciding to make their relationship formal. They were married in upscale hotel in Leicestershire on June 16, 2007. Over the years, Lisa has given birth to two children – a son Jacey and a daughter Louise.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall Stature
- Blue Eyes
- Facial hair
Michael Carrick’s body measurement may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Michael Carrick has a commercial deal with sports brand Puma. Along with his Manchester United teammates, he has starred in TV adverts for Chevrolet and TAG Heuer. Here is a funny one in which he stars with Wayne Rooney and Angel di Maria.
His religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
- Playing for English soccer giant Manchester United.
- Being one of the finest deep lying English midfielders in the game.
First Soccer Match
Michael Carrick made his debut for West Ham United against Finnish club FC Jokerit in Intertoto Cup on July 24, 1999.
Michael Carrick’s first appearance for Tottenham Hotspur came in a 1-0 away defeat to Portsmouth in October 2004. Carrick came on the football pitch as a second half substitute.
Carrick made his debut for Manchester United on August 4, 2006 in a friendly match against Porto, which United won by 3-1.
On May 25, 2001, he turned out for the England national team for the first time in a friendly match against Mexico. He came in place of David Beckham in second half.
- Through balls
- Cross field balls
- Reading of the game
- Long Shots
He made his first film appearance in a romantic soccer movie Goal 3 as himself in 2009. His role is uncredited though.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance came in the drama sports series Dream Team as himself in 2003 in just 1 episode.
When he was starting out, he mostly relied on running laps on the pitch and going for cross country runs. However, over the years, he has dramatically changed his workout methods. He now also performs shuttle runs, quick feet routines on floor ladder and sprints. On the next day after a game, he gets on the exercise bike or goes for a swim in the morning to open up the muscles.
If he isn’t involved in the game, he performs sprints on the pitch after the game itself. In addition, he does 20 to 30 minutes of daily gym workouts, which includes upper body and legs, strength training exercises along with core stability exercises. He places special emphasis on deadlifts for strong back. All the exercises are done in moderation as the goal is to build strength without adding extra muscles.
Michael Carrick Favorite Things
- Teammate – Paul Scholes
- Career Moment – Winning UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United against Chelsea in May 2012
Source – Express
Michael Carrick Facts
- Michael Carrick was featured in the 49th episode of BBC TV show Live & Kicking at the age of 13 for his tremendous performance in youth soccer circuit.
- When he joined West Ham United academy, he used to play as a center forward but was later moved to the midfield position by youth coach.
- Michael was an integral member of the West Ham United youth team that went on to win the FA Youth cup in 1999, with aggregate score of 9-0 in two legged final against Coventry City.
- For his brilliant performances for West Ham United in 2003-2004 season, he was named in the first division PFA team of the year.
- At the end of 2012-2013 season, he was selected by Manchester United squad as the player of the year after he played a major role in their title romp.
- Manchester United’s 2-0 away win against Ajax in Europa League on February 16, 2012 was Michael Carrick’s 500th senior match in all the competitions.
- For the 2005-2006 season, he had completed most number of passes and had sent most number of crosses than any of his Tottenham Hotspur teammates.
- On June 13, 2006, he was signed by Manchester United from premier league rival Tottenham Hotspur in a £14 million transfer deal with further £4.6 million signed in as add-ons.
- In the 2007-2008 UEFA Champions League final against Chelsea, he took the second penalty in the shootout, which Manchester United went on to win 6-5.
- Michael Carrick considers the 2009 UEFA Champions League 2-0 defeat against Barcelona FC as the worst night of his football career.
- Catch Michael on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+.