Amelia Fiona Driver
Marylebone, London, England
Los Angeles, California, US
Minnie Driver went to the Bedales School in Hampshire.
She was then enrolled in the Collingham College in Kensington.
Minnie polished her acting skills at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Actress, singer, songwriter
- Father – Charles Ronald Driver (Distinguished Flying Medal winner for his services in World War II and director of London United Investments)
- Mother – Gaynor Churchward Millington (Fabric Designer and former couture model)
- Siblings – Kate Driver (Older Sister) (Film producer and manager), Charlie Driver (Younger Step-Brother), Edward Churchward (Younger Step-Brother)
Artist and Brand Management
Folk, pop, rock
Zoe Records, Rounder Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Minnie Driver has dated –
- Mick Jagger – Minnie Driver is reported to be one of the countless women with whom the rock legend and The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger had an affair.
- John Cusack (1996-1997) – Minnie and actor John Cusack fell for each other while playing the lead characters in 1997 movie, Grosse Pointe Black.
- Matt Damon (1997-1998) – Driver fell in love with actor Matt Damon while working with him in his movie Good Will Hunting. However, the end of their affair was rather messy and harsh on Minnie as Matt decided to use The Oprah Winfrey Show as a forum to announce that he was single. That was the first and last time Driver got to know the status quo of her relationship.
- Josh Brolin (1998-2001) – Minnie started dating Josh Brolin after working with him in straight-to-video flick Slow Burn in 1998. In January 2001, they got engaged. However, plans to hold the wedding at a clifftop estate, where Josh’s father had got married, were scrapped as they broke the engagement in October 2001.
- Chris Isaak (2001) – Minnie Driver had a steamy fling with American rocker Chris Isaak in 2001. They were spotted getting cozy backstage at Chris’ concert in Canada.
- Harrison Ford (2001-2002) – Minnie began a rebound affair with much older actor Harrison Ford in November 2001 after meeting him at a mutual friend Timothy White’s art show at a Los Angeles gallery.
- David Schwimmer (2005) – Minnie went out with Friends star David Schwimmer after they got close while working in 2005 London Play, Some Girl(s).
- Criss Angel (2006-2007) – In 2006, Driver started dating Las Vegas based magician Criss Angel. In September, Chris proposed to her during a romantic holiday in Mexico. However, she was unlucky in love again as Chris dumped her for Cameron Diaz.
- Timothy J. Lea (2007-2008) – Minnie had a short-lived affair with television executive Timothy J. Lea, which led to her being pregnant with a child. In September 2008, she gave birth to a son, Mark.
- Matthew Felker (2011-2013) – In 2011, Driver got herself a hunky, toyboy boyfriend Matthew Felker. She was spotted on a number of events with him as well as holidaying in Barbados in April 2012.
- Elliott Smith (2014) – In 2014, Driver was reported to be dating singer Elliott Smith after they were pictured holding hands while having lunch. Minnie first met Elliott while working in Good Will Hunting and thereafter became close friends. Elliot did the music for the movie.
- Ryan Kavanaugh (2014) – Minnie debuted her new relationship with billionaire Ryan Kavanaugh at the Golden Globe Awards held in January 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of English and Scottish descent.
- Lanky and slim figure
- Freckles on the body
- Curly Hair
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Minnie Driver has appeared in a TV commercial for E! Entertainment Television cable channel.
She was also featured alongside Daisy Fuentes and Mari Winsor in a TV advert for Winsor Pilates, and an infomercial for Mari’s Winsor Pilates fitness system.
Plus, she has worked in promotional campaigns for the following brands –
- Vodafone mobile phones
- Right Guard
- Derm Exclusive skin care system (Infomercial)
Her religious views are not known.
Best Known For
- Her supporting role in the 1997 Academy Award winning movie, Good Will Hunting.
- For playing the role of Dahlia Malloy in TV series The Riches.
She released her first album Everything I’ve Got in My Pocket in 2004 via Zoë Records. It reached #43 on US Top Heatseekers list.
Minnie first appeared in a 1992 short film The Zebra Man in the role of Emily Ashdown.
First TV Show
Her TV show debut came in BBC 1 series The House of Eliott in 1991 for her guest role as Mary.
Minnie Driver is a big fan of Pilates and yoga workout. She also likes doing cardio workout to keep her ageless figure in best shape. On the whole, she spends 5 days in a week for exercising.
When it comes to eating, she relies on a low carb diet to keep her going.
Minnie Driver Favorite Things
- Italian Restaurant – Lo Scoglio (near Positano in the Bay of Naples)
- Italian Restaurant Meal – Gnocchi
- Cold Italian Breakfast Meal – Pizza
Source – Bon Appetit
Minnie Driver Facts
- Before establishing herself as an actress, Minnie used to work as a singer and jazz guitarist in London.
- She decided to make acting her profession as early as 1982 after watching Meryl Streep’s virtuoso performance in Sophie’s Choice.
- At the age of 15, she got a tattoo of a red rose on her right butt cheek.
- In a 2016 interview, Minnie revealed that she was sexually assaulted at the age of 17 while holidaying in Greece. When she reported the incident to police, she was partially blamed for the incident.
- She loves surfing and it is one of the reasons behind living right on the beach.
- Driver was rejected for the role of Skylar in Good Will Hunting because she wasn’t sexy and cute enough. However, she had Ben Affleck and Matt Damon’s backing.
- She is a flexitarian, meaning, she eats meat of selected animals. She avoids eating animals that she loves, which includes cow, lamb, and pig.
- Visit her official website @ www.minniedriver.com.
- Follow Minnie Driver on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and MySpace.