Karen Marie Aagaard Ørsted Andersen
Karen Marie Ørsted, MØ (Mü, Moe, Moo)
MØ’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Frank Ørsted (Psychologist)
- Mother – Mette Ørsted (Teacher)
- Siblings – Kaspar Ørsted (Older Brother) (Doctor)
MØ is signed with Sony Music Entertainment
Electronic, indie pop, R&B, soul, alternative dance, dancehall, reggae, pop
- Chess Club
- RCA Victor
5 ft 7½ in or 172 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
MØ’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
- Changing her hairstyle very often
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
MØ has not signed any endorsement contract yet.
Best Known For
MØ’s first studio album was released on March 7, 2014 by the name of No Mythologies to Follow. Karen’s debut album consists of 12 tracks with a total running time of 43 minute and 59 seconds.
MØ has not taken part in a movie yet.
First TV Show
In 2013, Karen appeared in the TV series Aftenshowet as herself.
MØ’s personal trainer is not known.
MØ Favorite Things
Her favorite things are not known.
- Her name MØ is pronounced as “Mooh”.
- She first showed interest in music at the age of 7 when she listened to Spice Girls.
- When MØ was a teenager, she listened to Black Flag, Smashing Pumpkins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nirvana and Sonic Youth.
- The American musician and songwriter Kim Althea Gordon who served as the vocalist, bassist, and guitarist for the alternative rock group Sonic Youth was MØ’s role model and superhero during her teen days.
- Many time, she has been compared with electro pop artists such as Twin Shadow and Grimes.
- In Danish, “MØ” means “maiden” or “virgin”.
- In the period from 2007 until 2012, Karen performed as a duo with her friend Josefine Struckmann Pedersen. They went by the name MOR.
- On January 14, 2013, Karen presented her first official single “Glass”.
- On March 27, 2013, MØ had her first official TV performance at the Danish P3 Guld Awards.
- Her music has been characterized as “electro music with guts”.
- The British music journalism magazine New Musical Express (NME) described MØ’s music style as a cross between Jane Jackson and Siouxsie Sioux.
- Visit her official website @ momomoyouth.com.
- Check MØ’s official YouTube and YouTube VEVO channels.
- Follow MØ on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, iTunes, SongKick, and SoundCloud.