Morena Silva de Vaz Setta Baccarin
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Morena went to Public School 41 and then to New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies.
She also attended Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, before she became a part of the theater program at Juilliard School in Manhattan, New York City in 1996. There, she in the Drama Division’s Group 29 from 1996 to 2000.
- Father – Fernando Baccarin (Journalist)
- Mother – Vera Setta (Actress)
- Siblings – Unknown
Baccarin is a niece of Ivan Setta.
Morena is signed with Seven Summits Pictures and Management.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
126 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Morena Baccarin has dated –
- Austin Chick (2009–2016) – Morena married the American director, Austin Chick on November 26, 2011 after starting dating in 2009. Morena and Austin have one son, Julius (born – October 22, 2013). In July 2015, she filed for divorce which was finalized on March 18, 2016.
- Ben McKenzie (2015-Present) – She started dating actor Ben McKenzie in September 2015 and engaged him in November 2016. On March 2, 2016, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan.
Race / Ethnicity
Morena has Brazilian and Italian ancestry.
34-24-37 in or 86-61-94 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Morena has appeared in a TV commercial for Secret Anti-Perspirant / Deodorant.
Best Known For
Baccarin is best known for her role as Inara Serra in the TV series Firefly from 2002 to 2003. She is also known for portraying Jessica Brody, the wife of the marine captain Nicholas Brody in the TV series Homeland from 2011 to 2013.
Morena has also appeared in the movies, Roger Dodger (2002), Death in Love (2008), Stolen (2009), Back in the Day (2014), Son of Batman (2014), Spy (2015), to name a few.
Morena’s first movie appearance was in 2001 with the fashion movie Perfume in which, she played the role of Monica.
First TV Show
Baccarin had her first television appearance in the space western science fiction drama television series Firefly from 2002 to 2003, in which she played the character of Inara Serra in a total of 14 episodes.
Morena’s workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Morena Baccarin Favorite Things
- Movie – The Bridges of Madison County (1995), The Piano (1993), Double Indemnity (1944), The Labyrinth (1986), The NeverEnding Story (1984)
- Song – F— You – Cee Lo Green
- Artist – David Bowie
- Books – The Great Gatsby
Source – Zap2Kit
Morena Baccarin Facts
- While she was studying in the New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, she was classmates with the actress Claire Danes. They later appeared in the TV series Homeland from 2011 to 2013.
- Baccarin’s first name Morena means “brunette” in Portuguese.
- In 2014, she was ranked at #57 on the list of Maxim’s “Hot 100.”
- She speaks Brazilian Portuguese.
- Morena’s mother, Vera Setta appeared in the movie O Vampiro de Copacabana in 1976, in which, she played the character of Morena.
- Morena was raised in New York City.
- Follow Baccarin on her Twitter.