Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva (Native Name – Николина Константинова Добрева)
Ninche, Ninja, Looch, French Kote, Neens, Dee, Trouble, DoeDoe, Unicorn, Almond
Nina Dobrev attended J. B. Tyrrell Sr. Public School, Scarborough, Canada. Then, she went Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts, Scarborough, Ontario and Ryerson University, Toronto, majoring in sociology. She left in 2006 to pursue her acting career.
Model and Actress
- Father – Konstantin Dobrev (Computer Specialist)
- Mother – Mihaela Dobreva (née Radeva) (Artist)
- Siblings – Aleksandar Dobrev (Older Brother)
She is signed with these agencies –
- Noble Caplan Abrams
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 122 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nina Dobrev dated –
- Ian Somerhalder (2010-2013) – American model and actor Ian Somerhalder is the one whom Nina dated from March 2010 until April 2013. They first met on the set of popular TV series “The Vampire Diaries” and their romance extended off the set as well.
- Derek Hough (2013) – From August 2013 until November 2013, Nina dated American dancer, Derek Hough.
- Liam Hemsworth (2014) – Australian actor Liam Hemsworth was RUMORed to had a fling with Nina in February 2014. They were spotted together in a Corner Tavern bar and as per an eyewitness, they enjoyed their time together by having drinks with a couple of other pals. Liam also gave Nina a good night kiss on the lips.
- Zachary Levi (2014) – RUMOR
- James Marsden (2014) – RUMOR
- Ben McKenzie (2014) – RUMOR
- Orlando Bloom (2014) – RUMOR
- Alexander Ludwig (2014) – 2015 horror comedy film The Final Girls co-stars Alexander Ludwig and Nina Dobrev were RUMORed to had a fling on August 22, 2014.
- Chris Wood (2014) – In November 2014, Nina was RUMORed to had an encounter with actor Chris Wood.
- Austin Stowell (2015-2016) – Nina met Whiplash (2014) star Austin Stowell via Selena Gomez and started dating him on April 30, 2015. The relationship went until February 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Big brown eyes
- Long brown hair
33-23-33 in or 84-58.5-84 cm
It looks like she may be 2 (US) or 32 (EU)
Nina has appeared in America’s Dairy Producers “Got milk?” campaign alongside her mom.
Best Known For
For portraying Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce in the supernatural drama TV series The Vampire Diaries from 2009 onwards. This show is based on the book series of the same name.
2006 Canadian film Away from Her for her role as Monica. However, she was not in a lead role in this film.
First TV Show
2006-2009 Canadian teen drama TV series Degrassi: The Next Generation, in which she portrayed the role of Mia Jones in 46 episodes.
Nina Dobrev is a yoga fan. She attends yoga classes 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes she takes the help of yoga instructor. Yoga has become a part of her life. She mainly does Hot Yoga (done in hot and humid temperatures).
Other than her all-time favorite workout, she does running and pick weights too, but, not to bulk up her body. Instead for keeping her body lean.
Nina Dobrev Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chocolate
- Favorite TV Programs – Grey’s Anatomy (2005), True Blood (2008), House (2004-2012), Gossip Girl (2007), So You Think You Can Dance (2005), Heroes (2006-2010), Nip / Tuck (2003-2010)
- Favorite Movies – The Notebook (2004), Knocked Up (2007), Juno (2007), Transformers (2007), Schindler’s List (1993)
- Favorite Actor – Craig Kielburger
- Favorite Books – The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold), The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho), Fugitive Pieces (Anne Michaels)
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Idol – Rachel McAdams
- Favorite Beauty Products – Philosophy’s When Hope Is Not Enough, Jan Marini Factor-A Eyes for Dark Circles
Nina Dobrev Facts
- Nina Dobrev enjoys playing rock band and like water sports like wakeboarding, surfing, swimming and scuba diving.
- Nina Dobrev has 2 pets – 1 dog and 1 cat, named, Miss Linx.
- Nina was born in Bulgaria but moved to Canada when she was 2.
- Nina can speak French, English and Bulgarian fluently.
- She has 1 older brother and her father is a computer engineer, while her mother is an artist.
- Sara Paxton is her best friend.
- She wears glasses.
- Nina has been named after her maternal grandmother, Nikolina Constantine.
- She like to make jewellery and is planning to open her own jewellery line in near future.
- Nina had played a teenage mother role in TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” (2006-2009).
- Nina Dobrev was voted no. 44 in FHM Australia’s Top 100 Sexiest Women in the World in 2011.
- She has also built a school with her “Degrassi: The Next Generation” (2006-2009) co-stars in Kenya through a non profit organization Free the Children.
- Visit her official website @ www.ninadobrev.com.
- Connect with Nina on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram.