Geetali Norah Jones Shankar
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Before graduating from Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas, she attended Colleyville Middle School and Grapevine High School in Grapevine, Texas.
Singer, songwriter, actress, musician
- Father – Pandit Ravi Shankar (Indian sitar player)
- Mother – Sue Jones (American concert producer)
- Siblings – Anoushka Shankar (Younger Half-Sister), Shubhendra Shankar (Older Half-Brother)
Jones is signed to S.A.M. and is managed by John Silva.
For USA, and Canada, Norah signed with William Morris Endeavor (WME).
For Europe and elsewhere, she is connected to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Get the full contact details on her official website.
Blues, jazz, vocal jazz, pop, folk, country, lo-fi, soul
Vocals, guitar (electric and acoustic), piano, bass
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Norah Jones dated –
- Lee Alexander (2000-2007) – An American bassist, songwriter and music producer dated Norah for eight years from 2000 to December 2007. Norah formed a 5-member band (including her) in 2003 named The Little Willies in which Lee was a bassist.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Indian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of American descent on her mother’s side.
34-26-35 in or 87-66-89 cm
She endorsed the brand Yamaha.
Best Known For
Her albums such as Come Away with Me (2002), Feels Like Home (2004), The Fall (2009).
She released her debut album Come Away with Me on February 26, 2002 under Blue Note Records. She received a good response from the critics. The pop album consists of 14 tracks making it a total length of roughly 45 minutes.
The album charted at #1 in 8 major countries including U.S., UK, France, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, etc. She sold 28 million copies worldwide. It was certified as 11x Platinum in Australia and New Zealand.
In 2002, she had a cameo role in the romantic comedy film Two Weeks Notice as herself.
First TV Show
In 2002, she appeared as musical guest in the American late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live in episode 7 of season 28. She again appeared in this show in episode 14 of season 29 in 2004.
Norah’s workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Norah Jones Favorite Things
- Music – Permanently Lonely (By Willie Nelson), No Place to Fall (By Townes Van Zandt), Best of All Possible Worlds (By Kris Kristofferson), If You Want Me to Stay (By Sly and the Family Stone), You Don’t Know Me (By Cindy Walker)
Source – NY Times
Norah Jones Facts
- Norah Jones is her middle name.
- Jones has a poodle named Ralph since 2008.
- She changed her name to “Norah Jones” at the age of 16, only after her parents’ permission.
- Norah is termed as the best jazz artist of the 2000-2009 decade by Billboard.
- Her album The Fall released in 2009 was about the relationship of Norah with Alexander.
- Visit her official website @ www2.norahjones.com.
- Connect with Norah on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, SoundCloud and iTunes.