Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Novak attended Pilic Tennis Academy in Munich, Germany.
Professional Tennis Player
First Grand Slams Singles Wins
The popular Nole has won several Grand Slam singles titles. But, the first ones were in the years –
- US Open – 2011
- Wimbledon – 2011
- Australian Open – 2008
- French Open – None
- Father – Srdjan Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Mother – Dijana Djokovic (Family Sport, owns a company)
- Siblings – Marko (Younger Brother), Djordje (Younger Brother)
Nole is signed with Family Sport D.O.O (Sports Management Company).
6 ft 2 or 188 cm
172 lbs or 78 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Jelena Ristic (2005 – Present) – Novak met Jelena back in 2005, while they were in a high school, and since then, their love has spread throughout these years. The couple got engaged on September 25, 2013, and almost a year after on July 11, 2014, they got married on Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. In one interview, Jelena said that both, she and Nole has went through many things together. “At the time, we started our relationship, we knew that Novak will have to travel all the time, so we were constructing plans so, we can see each other. You know at that time the plane tickets were far more expensive than they are right now,” said Jelena. Jelena, who is a former model, currently runs her husband’s foundation known as Novak Djokovic’s foundation, which is dedicated to helping all children in Serbia. On April 24, 2014 Novak announced that Jelena is pregnant, and on October 21, 2014, Jelena gave birth to their first child. They named him Stefan.
- Leryn Franco (2008) – Although, this is categorized as RUMOR, in 2008, Nole was linked with the Olympic javelin thrower, Leryn Franco. Leryn, who is also a model once finished as a runner-up in the content for Miss Paraguay. The RUMORs were ignited in 2008, when Leryn was seen on one of Nole’s matches, while he was playing on 2008 US Open tournament.
- Natasha Bekvalac (2009) – In 2009, Novak was also linked with the popular Serbian blonde singer, Natasha Bekvalac. Although their relationship is categorized like encounter, Novak came with an answer about this in the press release. “Many medias and newspapers don’t have better job than just providing fun RUMOUR stories” – said Djokovic.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great sense of humor
- Great showman
- Shiny smile
Novak’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU) or 28 cm (JAP)
Further, Djokovic has appeared in print ads for iDEA, Konzul (Supermarket chain), DIS Trgovina (Supermarket chain), Head rackets, and others.
Djokovic adheres to the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Best Known For
Winning more than a dozen Grand Slam singles titles, and for holding the first place on the ATP list for 133 weeks.
Novak hasn’t appeared in a film yet.
Marian Vajda (Started working with Marian in 2006), Boris Becker (Started working with Boris in 2013)
Novak has the body type, known as Ectomorph or bêtter known as “hard weight gainer.”
This body type allows Novak to eat anything he wants because it’s very hard for him to put any weight on.
Ectomorphs are having that built, which is especially good for tennis. Being lightweight, they can move faster in short distances, and and they have great agility, that’s why Novak is spending so much time doing yoga poses and stretching. That will open his hips for a greater range of motion and will increase his ability for performing faster cutting movements that are very present in the Tennis.
Despite, Novak does different types of training throughout the year, he mentioned yoga as his favorite. In his own words –
“I wouldn’t make this far if it wasn’t for Yoga. Those stretches are preparing my body for the upcoming practices or matches, improving my overall body performance while keeping me injury free in the same time.”
Noak follows a diet, which is gluten-free. Novak says that it was a serious game changer.
He gives credit to one Serbian nutritionist known as Igor Cetojevic, who actually suggested him this diet.
“I lost 11 pounds with this diet and I feel like reborn again. I move better and I’m more flexible, in the same time. I haven’t been sick for more than 3 years now and all my allergies are gone, my asthma is gone too, I just feel much better since I started the gluten-free diet”.
– said Djokovic in one of the interviews given to a Serbian magazine.
Novak Djokovic Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Car – Audi
- Movie – Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- Color – Red
- Books – The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins books
- Football Club – AC Milan, F.C Benfica, Red Star
- Song – Kafana je moja sudbina, Call Me Maybe, Without You
Source – Novak Djokovic
Novak Djokovic Facts
- Novak held a racquet for the first time, when he was four.
- His childhood idol is Pete Sampras.
- At the age of 13, he and his family relocated to Munich, Germany for two months.
- Novak won 3 European single titles, when he was 14.
- At the age of 16, he became a European champion, and during the same year, he was ranked as 40th best junior tennis player in the world.
- Djokovic’s record for most consecutive wins is 31 matches in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 series.
- He is the first Serbian tennis player to win a Grand Slam title.
- Novak has won Olympic Bronze medal that he achieved in Beijing 2008.
- In 2011, he won the Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year.
- Novak speaks fluent Serbian, English, German, French and Italian.
- Because, he provided help to the churches and monasteries in Kosovo, and provided assistance for the Serbian people in 2011, the Patriarch Irinej of Serbia awarded him with the Order of St. Sava I class.
- Novak is friends with the popular Serbian female tennis player, Ana Ivanovic. They know each other since they were kids.
- He is a passionate fan of Red Star Belgrade.
- Visit his official website @ novakdjokovic.com.
- You can follow him on his Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.