Oona Castilla Chaplin
On a drama scholarship, she went to Gordonstoun School in Scotland at 15.
In 2007, she graduated from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England.
- Father – Patricio Castilla (Cinematographer)
- Mother – Geraldine Chaplin (Actress)
- Siblings – Shane Chaplin Saura (Older Half-Brother)
- Others – Oona O’Neill Chaplin (Maternal Grandmother) (Playwright), Charlie Chaplin (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor, comedian, composer), Eugene O’Neill (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Playwright), James O’Neill (Maternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Actor)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Oona Chaplin dated –
- Alex Lanipekun – While Oona was studying at RADA in England, she dated a British actor, Alex Lanipekun in late 2000s.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Anglo-American ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Chilean descent on her dad’s side.
Oona has also English, Irish and part Cuban ancestry.
- Wide smile
- Black hair
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
She has not spoken about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Being the granddaughter of famous silent era comedian Charlie Chaplin, and for appearing in HBO series Game of Thrones as Talisa Maegyr / Stark from 2012 to 2013.
Oona debuted with 2007 satirical drama film Inconceivable for her role as Laura Chappel.
First TV Show
In 2007, Oona had a role in the BBC drama series Spooks as Kate in just one episode entitled “The Virus (Part 2)”.
She has been actively dancing since her early childhood and hence is quite healthy and in shape. Oona still maintains her figure by healthy eating and living an active lifestyle.
Oona Chaplin Favorite Things
- Nature Program Broadcaster – David Attenborough
Source – IMDb
Oona Chaplin Facts
- While growing up, Oona lived in Great Britain, Spain, Switzerland, and Cuba.
- She is a well travelled actress because of her mother’s profession as an actress.
- She is skilled in various forms of dancing such as ballet, flamenco, and salsa.
- Oona has more than two dozen cousins on her mother’s side.
- She has appeared in Game of Thrones TV series, but she was already a huge fan of Game of Thrones book series before appearing on the show.
- She can speak English, French and Spanish fluently.
- Oona is named after her maternal grandmother, Oona O’Neill Chaplin.
- She is best friends with actress Natalia Tena.
- She auditioned for the role of Bond girl in “Quantum of Solace” but it was instead offered to Gemma Arterton. But, Oona bagged the role of Perla de las Dunas receptionist in the movie.
- Oona always wanted to be a ballet dancer and not an actress. She started searching for a different career after she was told that she had a big derriere to be a ballet dancer.
- Join Oona on Twitter and Instagram.