Gwangju, South Korea
Park Shin-hye went to the Hak-Kang Elementary School in Gwangju. In 2009, Park got enrolled at the Chung-Ang University from where she graduated with a degree in Film and Theatre in February 2016.
She also took formal training for dancing, singing and acting.
Actress and singer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Park Shin-won (Older Brother) (Guitarist, and Composer)
Park Shin-hye is represented by S.A.L.T Entertainment.
K-pop, pop, R&B
CJ E&M, Gazi Contents
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Park Shin-hye has dated –
- Lee Min-ho (2013) – Park was going out with actor Lee Min-ho in 2013. They had reportedly become more than good friends while shooting for the drama movie, The Heirs. They went out for about a year before breaking up for unspecified reasons. She would later partially admit to their relationship in an interview.
- Lee Jong-suk (2014-Present) – Park started going out with actor Lee Jong-suk after they had grown close while working in the TV series, Pinocchio. Although they haven’t publicly owned up to their relationship, the fact that they have been pictured together on holidays in England and Hawaii hints towards something deeper than friendship. They had also been spotted going out for late night drives by the paparazzi.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean origin.
32-24-33 in or 81-61-84 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 2015, Park was selected as the brand ambassador by the Mind Bridge fashion house.
She also signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Viki in 2015.
The other brands she has done endorsement work for include –
- Median Dental Care
- Rapido China
- VISA Asia Pacific
- Millet Sport
- Lotte Duty-Free
- Cover Powder Cushion
- Alton Sports
- Etude House
Also, she has been featured in the print ads for fashion brand Bruno Maglio and Agatha Paris Jewelry.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Hana in the South Korean-Japanese drama series, Tree of Heaven.
- Portraying the role of Choi In-ha in the South Korean romance and drama series, Pinocchio.
As a Singer
Park has contributed several singles for the music albums of her various TV series. Her first single was Love Rain, which released as a part of Tree of Heaven OST.
In 2006, Park made her first film appearance in the romance drama film Love Phobia as Byeon-ja.
First TV Show
In 2003, Park was seen in the TV series Stairway to Heaven as young Han Jung-suh.
Park Shin-hye works out regularly to keep her svelte figure in shape and to keep baby fat of her body. She is particularly a big fan of the modern dance workouts, which combine intense cardio with muscle toning exercises. Apart from her regular workout, she cycles around twice or thrice per week.
While growing up, she was fond of water and swimming. She still retains that love and likes to indulge in water sports in her free time. Apart from that, she tries to maintain a fairly active lifestyle.
Regarding diet, she eats just 2 meals a day. She refrains from consuming any solid food after 6 PM. Plus, she often uses a broth made from pumpkin and red beans which are reported to be helpful in tackling puffiness and brings the glow to the skin.
Park Shin-hye Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Highlight Lip Tint #6, Mamonde Flower Essence Marks and Cover Powder Cushion
- Baseball Team – Kia Tigers
Source – Street Love, K-Drama Stars
Park Shin-hye Facts
- In 2015, Park Shin-hye bought a restaurant for her parents using the money she had saved up for nearly a decade. She even works as a server at the restaurant in her free time.
- In 2010, the Forbes magazine placed her on #8 spot in the Korea Power Celebrity list. In 2015, she was placed on #33 spot and on the 12th position in 2017 in the same list.
- In 2013, she celebrated the completion of Miracle in Cell No. 7 film by serving rice cake soup to 800 homeless and elderly people.
- Whenever she has sufficient time from her working schedule, she distributes food at various traveling soup kitchens.
- In 2014, in appreciation of her acting skills, beauty, and her charitable actions, she was declared Nation’s Little Sister in Korea.
- Her portrayal of Choi In-ha in the TV series, Pinocchio helped her bag a position in the “Top 40 Most Popular Celebrities” list in Korea, which was compiled by the Forbes magazine.
- In 2011, she assisted in raising funds in order to support victims of the earthquake in Japan.
- Park was made the 25th Goodwill Ambassador of Korea Food for the Hungry in 2011.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.