Dark Man X, The Dog, X, D
Mount Vernon, New York, United States
DMX graduated from Yonkers High School, Yonkers.
Rapper, record producer, actor
- Father – Joe Barker (Street Artist)
- Mother – Arnett Simmons
- Siblings – Bonita Simmons (Older Stepsister), Shayla Simmons (Stepsister)
He also has two stepbrothers.
DMX is represented by Red Entertainment Agency.
Ruff Ryders, Columbia, Bloodline Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
DMX has dated –
- Tashera Simmons (1999-2013) – After going out for a brief period, DMX got married to Tashera Simmons in 1999. However, their marriage was far from a smooth ride as he reportedly cheated on his wife. After getting tired of his wandering ways, she got estranged from him. To save their marriage, they appeared on the VH1 reality show, Couples Therapy. However, instead of repairing their broken relationship, the show showed everything wrong about their marriage and after the end of the show, she filed for divorce, which was finalized 4 years later in 2016. In due course of their marriage, she gave birth to four children.
- Karrine Steffans (2002) – He started having an affair with author Karrine Steffans in 2002. According to her memoir, their affair lasted for years and he used to whimper on the culmination of sexual intercourse.
- Yadira Borrego (2003-2010) – DMX met Yadira in 2003 at the Miami club called Cameo. She was living with him at his house after he got estranged from his first wife. After getting fed up with his infidelities, she decided to take a break in July 2010. When she returned home after three months, she found out that he was with multiple women and had fathered a child with another woman, which was a final coffin in their relationship. She gave birth to two children during their time together.
- Monique Wayne – DMX had an affair with Maryland native Monique Wayne, which resulted in the birth of a son. He denied the child was his, which was ultimately proved wrong by a DNA test in 2007.
- Desiree Lindstrom (2014-Present) – DMX started dating model Desiree Lindstrom in 2014. In August 2016, she gave birth to a son, Exodus Simmons in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears thick silver neck chain
- Broad nose
DMX’s body measurements like chest, waist and biceps measurements are not known.
DMX created a song to be used in commercials on Scoring for XFINITY X1 Sports App, Avis, etc.
He also lent his voice for the TV advert for Kawasaki Ninja ZX- 14R 2012.
Under his name DMX, Reebok has also released a line of shoes.
Best Known For
The immense commercial success of his 1999 album …And Then There Was X.
DMX released his debut studio album It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot in 1998 which went #1 on Billboard 200. He was able to sell 7,300,000 album copies worldwide.
In 1998, DMX first appeared in crime drama film Belly in the role of Tommy “Buns” Bundy.
First TV Show
In 1998, DMX appeared in the HBO late night comedy show The Chris Rock Show as himself.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
DMX Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
- DMX has sired 15 children from many different relationships. More than half of these kids have been the result of his extra-martial affairs, which he mostly refused to own.
- In February 2016, he was found in a lifeless condition in a parking lot after an asthma attack. His heart had stopped for around 4 minutes, resulting in an out of body experience.
- In July 2013, he filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy as he sought to avoid paying $1.5 million to Monique Wayne. The Manhattan bankruptcy court quashed his filing.
- In 2001, he was handed a jail sentence after being caught driving ‘without a license’ and carrying marijuana. Subsequently, he was charged with an assault after he threw objects at prison guards while serving sentence.
- In July 2015, he was sentenced to 6 months jail after he failed to pay around $400,000 for child support.
- On his back, he has got a tattoo of his pet dog, which was killed in an accident by a motorist. Above the tattoo, he had got, One Love Boomer inscribed.
- In 2000, he established his own record label, Bloodline Records in New York City.
- In 2003, he published a book titled, E.A.R.L.: The Autobiography of DMX, detailing his tough childhood and meteoric rise in the music industry.
- In June 2004, he was taken into custody at the JFK Airport on several charges including attempting to carjack a vehicle and impersonating a federal agent.
- Join DMX on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, Google+ VEVO, MySpace, and iTunes.