Olubowale Victor Akintimehin
Wale Folarin, Wale (Pronounced as Waw-lay)
Northwest, Washington DC, United States
Wale was enrolled at the Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg.
He then got admission at the Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh on a football scholarship. On another football scholarship, He moved to the Virginia State University.
After that, he shifted to the Bowie State University in Prince George’s County. But, he dropped out due to academic reasons.
- Father – Was a cab driver.
- Mother – Used to work as a nurse.
- Siblings – Alvin Akintimehin (Brother)
- Others – Gbenga Akinnagbe (Cousin) (Actor, Producer)
Wale is represented by
- Coda Agency – International
- Paradigm Agency – U.S.
Maybach Music, Atlantic, Every Blue Moon, Allido, Interscope Records, Warner Bros.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm (Approx)
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wale has dated –
- Chloe Alexis (2011-Present) – Wale started his on and off relationship with model Chloe Alexis in 2011. Some sources suggest that they may have started going out about two years earlier than 2011 after having grown close while working on the music album of his song, Dairy. In a 2015 interview, he talked about Chloe’s pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage. This episode left him depressed and caused problems between them. In May 2016, Chloe was reportedly found pregnant once again.
- Amelia Knox (2014) – Wale had an affair with model and vixen Amelia Knox. The fact that she was in a relationship with Darnell Dockett and he was involved with Chloe ensured that this affair got a lot of negative publicity.
- Serayah (2015) – Wale hooked up with actress and singer Serayah in 2015. The news was leaked by the media in October 2015, but that they had been seeing each other for quite some time.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Yoruba ancestry, which is an ethnic group from South Western Nigeria.
- Dreadlocks hairstyle
- French goatee
- Various tattoos
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Wale Folarin appeared in a Pepsi commercial in 2014 alongside Jhené Aiko, and Juicy J.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his third studio album, The Gifted, which reached #1 on Billboard 200.
- The critical acclaim garnered by his album, The Album About Nothing.
In November 2009, he released his debut studio album, Attention Deficit. It reached #2 on “Top Rap Albums” list in the U.S.
He hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2005, Wale was seen as himself in the documentary series In the Lab.
Rapper Wale’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Wale Folarin Favorite Things
- Karaoke Songs – Careless Whisper and Faith by George Michael
- Washington Restaurant – Oohs & Ahhs Soul Food Restaurant
- Nike Foamposite Sneakers – Foam Pro, Black-on-black Foamposite Max, Coppers, OG Penny Foam Pro 1, Total Air Foamposite Max Silver
- NFL Team – Washington Redskins
Wale Folarin Facts
- In 2015, he collaborated with ASICS and Philadelphia retailer, Ruvilla to launch a product named “Bottle Rocket” Asics Gel Lyte III.
- He seriously started thinking about his music career after he got kicked off of the Virginia State University football team.
- In his struggling days, he took several odd jobs at various retail stores such as Sprint, Up Against the Wall and Downtown Locker Room.
- Visit his official website @ walemusic.com.
- Follow Wale on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube, Google+, and iTunes.