Robert John Downey, Jr.
RJD, Bob, Bob Downey
Robert was born on April 4, 1965
New York, New York, USA
Robert Downey attended Santa Monica High School in California. But, dropped out in 1982, and went back to New York to pursue his career in acting.
As a teenager, he also went Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center in New York.
Actor, Singer-Songwriter, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Robert Downey Sr. (Filmmaker, Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Elsie Downey (Actress)
- Siblings – Allyson Downey (Older Sister)
- Others – Indio Falconer Downey (Son), Exton Elias Downey (Son)
He was signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Vocals, Musical Keyboard
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert dated –
- Farrah Fawcett – Rumor
- Jennifer Jason Leigh – She had a fling with Downey in the past.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (1984-1991) – Sarah had done dating in the past from 1984 until 1991 when she first met him during the filming of the drama movie “Firstborn”.
- Winona Ryder (1988) – Winona was rumored to be dating Downey in 1988.
- Deborah Falconer (1992-2001) – Actress and singer Deborah started dating Downey in April 1992. They married on 29 May, 1992, after a 42-day courtship. The relationship saw an end in 2001 due to Robert’s drug and alcohol addiction. Their divorce was finalized on 26 April, 2004. They have a son together – Indio Falconer Downey (b. 7 September, 1993).
- Marisa Tomei (1994) – American actress, Marisa dated briefly in 1994 when they first met on the sets of romantic-comedy film “Only You”.
- Calista Flockhart (2000) – In 2000, Calistha was rumored to be dating with Robert. They first met on the set of comedy-drama TV series, Ally McBeal.
- Susan Downey (2003-Present) – Downey started dating in August 2003, when they both met during the filming of the film “Gothika”. Susan was a producer at that time, as she was an Executive Vice President of Production company, Silver Pictures. They engaged on 6 November, 2003 and married in a Jewish ceremony at Amagansett, New York on 27 August, 2005. Together, the couple has a son – Exton Elias Downey (b. 7 February, 2012).
- Often plays intelligent but eccentric roles.
- Drawling Voice.
- Not being especially modest.
His body measurements are not known
He may wears a size 10 shoe. However, it is not confirmed.
Kraft Foods Planters’ Peanuts (2010)
Best Known For
Playing the role of Marvel superhero Tony Stark / Iron Man in the live action film Iron Man. He has played the same role in its sequels and The Avengers (2012).
He is not a hardcore singer. But, has contributed to many different songs in his career. Some of which include “Smile” in 1992, “The Star-Spangled Banner” in 1993, “White Christmas” in 2000, “In My Dreams” in 2003, “Broken” in 2005 and others.
Smile in 1992 was his first song contribution.
Debut studio album, The Futurist by actor Robert Downey Jr. was released in November, 2004. It appeared at number 121 on Billboard’s charts by selling 16,000 copies in its first week. It consists of 10 singles.
He debuted with 1970 film Pound directed and written by his father. He played the role as a “Puppy” and he was just 5 years old at that time.
First TV Show
American late night live TV sketch comedy, Saturday Night Live (also known as SNL). He was a cast member and did 18 episodes in 1985.
He took the help of trainer, Brad to gain the Iron Man type build. His focus was to gain muscles mass with variety of exercises. Downey spent time in cardio sessions, back-extensions, squats, chest presses, dead lifts, etc. and had a balanced diet with proper focus on carbs and proteins intake. Get the full insights with his workout routine and diet plan.
“I’ve always felt like such an outsider in this industry. Because I’m so insane, I guess”
“A lot of my peer group think I’m an eccentric bisexual, like I may even have an ammonia filled tentacle or something somewhere on my body. That’s okay.”
Robert Favorite Things
- Actor – Peter O’Toole
- Movies – Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes
- Color – Green
- His father is of half Irish Catholic and half Russian Jewish descent while his mother has German, Scottish, and Swiss ancestry.
- His father, Robert Downey Sr. was born as “Robert Elias” but changed his surname to “Downey” (after his stepfather James Downey).
- Robert Jr. and his older sister grew up in Greenwich Village and was born in Manhattan.
- His father was a drug addict and so, Robert Jr. also used drugs at the age of six.
- He did his first film at the age of 5, by working in his father’s films.
- His parents divorced in 1978 (when he was 13 years old).
- In 2010, he opened a production company called “Team Downey” with his wife Susan.
- He had a cameo role in the 2008 movie “The Incredible Hunk” as Iron Man / Tony Stark.
- In the same year, he was flashed in a video game titled “Iron Man” for his role as Tony Stark.
- He has been into jail several times for drug intake like marijuana.