Romola Sadie Garai
British Hong Kong
She attended Stonar School, an independent boarding school in Wiltshire.
Subsequently, at sixteen, Romola went to attend City of London School for Girls, where she completed her A-Levels.
Later, she went to study English Literature at Queen Mary, University of London.
Finally, Romola went to an Open University to graduate with a first class degree.
- Father – Adrian E. R. Garai (Bank Manager)
- Mother – Janet A. (née Brown) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Rosie Garai (Sister), Roxy Garai (Sister), Ralph Garai (Brother)
- Others – Bernhard “Bert” Garai (Garai’s Great Grandfather) (Hungarian Jewish immigrant)
She is the third of four children.
Garai is signed to ARG Talent Agency.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
71 kg or 156½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Romola Garai dated –
- Diego Luna (2003-2004) – From 2003 to 2004, Mexican actor Diego Luna and his Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights co-star Romola Garai were romantically linked to each other.
- Sam Hoare (2011-Present) – British actor Sam Hoare and Romola started dating in 2011. Romola announced that she was expecting her first child in November 2012. She finally gave birth to a daughter in March 2013 and secretly married to Sam in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
38-28-38 in or 96.5-71-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Amazing Grace (2006), Atonement (2007), and Glorious 39 (2009).
She is also known for appearing in TV mini-series like Emma (2009), The Hour (2011), and The Crimson Petal and the White (2011).
Romola appeared in the 2000 film The Last of the Blonde Bombshells for her role as Young Elizabeth. It was a television film.
First TV Show
In 2000, Romola played the role as Zoe Atkins in the BBC TV series Attachments
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Romola Garai Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Simpsons (1989-)
- Horror Movie – The Blair Witch Project (1999)
- Documentaries – Bowling for Columbine (2002), The Road to Guantanamo (2006), Iraq in Fragments (2006)
- All-Time Favorite TV Character – Lisa Simpson
- Movies – The Wizard of Oz (1939), Fargo (1996), Orlando (1992)
- Film Directors – David Lynch, Ken Loach, Mike Leigh, Michael Winterbottom, The Coen brothers, Todd Haynes
- Actresses – Samantha Morton, Emily Watson
Source – IMDb
Romola Garai Facts
- Romola took birth in Hong Kong to British parents.
- She likes to cook and travel in her free time.
- Romola has traveled to several places such as Austria, Singapore, Hong Kong, Morocco, Malaysia, Italy, Switzerland and the United States.
- Romola’s great-grandfather founded the Keystone Press Agency.
- Her first name “Romola” is the Italian version of the name “Romolo”, which comes from Romulus, one of the founders of Rome. While her last name is Hungarian and is pronounced as “Garaie.”
- At 5, Romola traveled to Singapore with her family. At 8, she returned back to Wiltshire in England.
- She cites working in Angel (2006) as her proudest work as an actress.
- She was spotted by an agent at National Youth Theatre and signed her immediately after seeing her performance.
- She was formerly a model.
- She started acting professionally in 2000.
- Initially, she had plans only to concentrate on her studies, and not on acting. She changed her mind after appearing in BBC-HBO TV film The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.
- She started filming Legacy (2013), 6 months after giving birth to her daughter.
- Catch Ramola on Tumblr.