Russell Carrington Wilson
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Russell Wilson attended Collegiate School in Richmond. He graduated from high school on 2006 and was subsequently recruited by North Carolina State University. In May 2010, he graduated from the NC State with a BA in communication.
In 2010 fall semester, Russell decided to take graduate level business course. He fell out with the head coach at NC State over his reluctance to give up on his baseball career, prompting his transfer to University of Wisconsin–Madison for the 2011 season. Wilson rounded off his college football career in January 2012.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Harrison Benjamin Wilson III (Lawyer)
- Mother – Tammy Wilson (Legal Nurse Consultant)
- Siblings – Harrison IV Wilson (Older Brother), Anna Wilson (Younger Sister)
- Others – Harrison B. Wilson Jr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Former President of Norfolk State University), Anna W. Wilson (Paternal Grandmother) (Former Jackson State University faculty), A. B. Jackson (Maternal Grandfather) (Painter)
Russell Wilson is represented by Mark Rodgers.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell Wilson dated –
- Ashton Meem (2006-2014) – Russell Wilson first met Ashton Meem in high school. At that time, Ashton was studying at St. Catherine’s High School, which was five miles from Wilson’s high school. They met again in a summer party and subsequently started dating. For brief period of time, they had a long distance relationship as Meem, who is 1 year older, moved to University of Georgia. They re-united at the NC State. They got married in January 2012. However, their marriage ended in April 2014 amongst claims that Meem had an affair with Wilson’s former Seattle Seahawks teammate Golden Tate.
- Samantha Hoopes (2015) – In March 2015, Russell was RUMORed to be dating model Samantha Hoopes when she was spotted in Russell’s convertible Rolls-Royce car.
- Ciara (2015-Present) – Russell and singer Ciara started dating in early months of 2015 and made their relationship official by attending White House State Dinner for Japan in April as a couple. Their relationship was particularly in news due to their decision to abstain from sex till their marriage. They got engaged in March 2016 after Russell proposed her during holidays in Seychelles. On July 6, 2016, the duo got married in a fairytale wedding held in English castle. Three months later, Ciara revealed that she was expecting her first child with Wilson.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of European, African, West Asian and East Asian descent.
- Prominent nose
- Oval face shape
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Russell Wilson has used his star power to attract some very lucrative endorsement deals with prestigious brands such as Nike, Microsoft, Braun, and Bose.
He also has his own clothing line with online giant Nordstrom. Plus, he has done commercials for the following brands –
- Alaska Airlines
- Sports Illustrated
- Disney Parks and Resorts
- American Family Insurance
- Madden NFL
- Vulcan Inc.
- Larson Automotive Group
- United Way
- Reliant Recovery Water
- Eat the Ball
Best Known For
- Playing for the NFL team Seattle Seahawks.
- Being one of the best paid players in the NFL.
First American Football Match
Russell Wilson made his NFL professional debut in a match against Arizona Cardinals on September 9, 2012. The Seattle Seahawks lost the match by 16-20.
Russell made his film debut in 2015 with comedy flick Entourage.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of NFL matches, Russell first guest appeared in ESPN Depth Chart in 2011 as himself.
During off season, Russell trains with his longtime trainer Ryan Flaherty to keep his muscles strong and moreover to train those muscles (stabilizing muscles) that prevent injuries. To achieve this goal, most exercises are performed at slow tempo, which fatigues the big muscles and makes stabilizing muscles work harder.
During the NFL season, he undertakes gym training sessions 4 days a week. These workout sessions are divided into 2 speed days and 2 strength days. On the speed days, he performs various Olympic weightlifting exercises to develop power.
On strength days, he goes for big lifts to build muscle power and corrective exercises for injury prevention. Also, special focus is placed on upper body muscles.
When it comes to diet, he eats five to six meals per day with special emphasis on lean protein sources such as fish and chicken. His lunch on the game day includes a full plate of pasta and chicken, spaghetti and lots of salad.
Russell Wilson Favorite Things
- Team While Growing Up – San Francisco 49ers
- Role Model – Drew Brees
- Food – Cheese
- Pizza – Pepperoni with extra cheese
Source – ESPN
Russell Wilson Facts
- Russell Wilson is the minority stakeholder in a European Bread Company, Eat the Ball.
- Wilson is the senior editor for football section of The Player’s Tribune and even contributes articles on the website occasionally.
- Wilson became devout Christian at the age of 14 after Jesus Christ came in his dream and asked Wilson to find out more about him.
- Wilson wears #3 jersey to honor the holy trinity, not because he was selected in third round by Seattle Seahawks.
- In 2008, Wilson created history by becoming the first freshman ever to be selected the ACC’s first team all-conference quarterback.
- In October 2014, in a match against St. Louis Rams, he became the first quarterback in the history of the game to throw 300 plus yards and to rush 100 plus yards.
- Russell is the only and first quarterback in NFL history to have completed more than 4000 passing yards, 30 plus touchdowns and more than 500 rushing yards in the same season.
- During the off season, he mentors at youth football camp hosted by Russell Wilson Passing Academy in several different cities.
- Russell holds the distinction of being the first quarterback in the history of Seahawks to throw more than 4000 passing yards in a single season.
- In December 2015, he became the first and the only player in the history of game to throw more than three touchdown passes without interception in five consecutive games.
- Visit his official website @ russellwilson3.com.
- Catch Russell on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.