Matthew Ryan Phillippe
New Castle, Delaware, United States
Ryan went to New Castle Baptist Academy.
He graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Talent Agency in Wilmington, Delaware.
Actor, film director, writer
- Father – Richard Phillippe (Chemist)
- Mother – Susan, (Used to run a daycare center in the family’s house)
- Siblings – Kirsten Phillippe (Sister), Lindsay Phillippe (Sister), Katelyn Phillippe (Sister)
Ryan is signed with
- MGMT Entertainment
- The Schiff Company, LLC
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Phillippe dated –
- Reese Witherspoon (1997-2007) – Actress Reese Witherspoon met Ryan Phillippe at her 21st birthday party on March 22, 1997. They soon started dating together. After dating for nearly one and a half years, the couple got engaged in December 1998. The couple tied knot on June 5, 1999 at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese and Ryan welcomed their first child, a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe (b. September 9, 1999) and then second child, a son, Deacon Reese Phillippe (b. October 23, 2003). After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to split in October 2006. Divorce was filed by Reese in November 2006, which was finalised in October 2007.
- Nikki Reed (2007) – The actors had an encounter in February 2007 when they were spotted together on a date. She is 14 years his junior.
- Abbie Cornish (2007-2010) – After splitting from Reese, Ryan Phillippe then started dating Australian actress, Abbie Cornish after meeting her in 2007 on the set of 2008 movie Stop-Loss. The lovebirds dated for three years from 2007 until early 2010.
- Lindsay Lohan (2010) – In February 2010, actors Lindsay Lohan and Ryan were RUMORed to had fling with each other. Ryan is 12 years her senior.
- Jessica White (2010) – In April 2010, he had an encounter with American model, Jessica White when the couple was seen leaving “Saturday Night Live” after party at Hiro Ballroom. They even partied together at The Brigade Theater until 6 in the morning on that day and finally went together in Ryan’s hotel.
- Alexis Knapp (2010) – In May 2010, Ryan started dating beautiful actress Alexis Knapp, who is 15 years younger than him. The couple were together until September 2010 and called it quits. But, during this time, Alexis became pregnant with Ryan’s child and gave birth to a daughter, Kailani Merizalde Phillippe-Knapp in July 2011.
- Amanda Seyfried (2010-2011) – Ryan first met actress Amanda Seyfried at a Halloween party thrown by Kate Hudson in October 2010. They stared dating from that time upto May 2011.
- Paulina Slagter (2011-Present) – Since October 2011, he is seeing 17 years his junior a law student, Paulina Slagter. They are dating ON and OFF since that time.
- Rihanna (2011-2012) – From December 2011 to February 2012, RUMORs of Barbadian singer, Rihanna and Ryan to be dating together appeared.
- Ashley Greene (2013) – In March 2013, he had fling with actress Ashley Greene.
Race / Ethnicity
Ryan has partial French ancestry.
- Curly blonde hair
- Various tattoos over the body
Ryan Phillippe’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Ryan’s shoe size is not known.
He has appeared in an Armani Jeans commercial.
In 1991, he appeared in a Nintendo commercial.
Best Known For
Appearing in the films such as I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997), Cruel Intentions (1999), and 54 (1998).
Ryan debuted with 1995 submarine film Crimson Tide for his role as Seaman Grattam.
First TV Show
From 1992 to 1993, Ryan Phillippe appeared in 13 episodes of ABC’s soap opera One Life to Live for his role as Billy Douglas.
Ryan Phillippe has a buffed body. He is going regularly to the gym for more than a decade now and is words under the guidance of trainer, Happy Hill.
Since that time, he is bringing variation in his workout (which includes cardio and weight training) so that he does not get bored. He also adds Plyometrics to make his exercise session more challenging.
You can check out Ryan Phillippe Full Body Workout at Yahoo.
Ryan Phillippe Favorite Things
- Films – Cool Hand Luke (1967), Raging Bull (1980), Fargo (1996), The Sand Pebbles (1966), The Graduate (1967)
Source – IMDb
Ryan Phillippe Facts
- Ryan has a black belt in a Korean martial art, Tae Kwon Do.
- Phillippe has played sports like basketball and soccer at New Castle Baptist Academy.
- In the senior year of his school, he was a yearbook editor.
- Ryan suffered from depression.
- Phillippe was first considered in the 2008 film The Dark Knight for the role of Harvey Dent. It was finally offered to Aaron Eckhart.
- As he grew in Northern Delaware, he is a fan of Philadelphia sports teams (Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, 76ers).
- He has an American Bulldog, named, Frank Sinatra, a chihuahua, named, Chi Chi Rodriguez and a French Bulldog, named, Coco Chanel.
- His hobbies includes cartoon making, photography, and writing.
- Connect with Ryan on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.