Ryan Benjamin Tedder
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In senior year of high school, Ryan studied at the Colorado Springs Christian School.
He then got enrolled at the Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and Advertising.
Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Garry Tedder (Musician)
- Mother – Marlene Cunningham (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Adam Clark (Third Cousin), Ashley Clark (Third Cousin), Austin Clark (Third Cousin)
Ryan Tedder’s band One Republic is represented by Creative Artists Agency. (via Twitter)
Pop rock, pop, alternative rock, R&B
Vocals, bass, drum, guitar, keyboards, percussion, piano, synthesizer
Columbia Records, Interscope Records, Patriot Records
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Tedder has dated –
- Genevieve Tedder (2007-Present) – Ryan Tedder started dating and got married to Genevieve Tedder in 2007. In August 2010, they welcomed their first son, Copeland Cruz Tedder. Then, in September 2014, Genevieve gave birth to son Miles Tedder.
Race / Ethnicity
Mole mark on the left side of his nose
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In 2012, Ryan Tedder lent his audio for the Dr. Pepper commercial.
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist of pop rock band OneRepublic.
Ryan released his debut studio album Dreaming Out Loud with OneRepublic in November 2007 which got mixed reviews from the critics.
Tedder made his film debut with an appearance in short documentary Sunday Dreamer in 2007.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 2007 in music reality show So You Think You Can Dance as himself.
Ryan Tedder loves running and it helps him remain fit. In an interview with GQ magazine, he revealed that he has been running from late 1990s (more than 2 decades) and rarely misses out on it. However, he isn’t a fan of running for long distances and has never run more than 10 km.
In case, he is traveling or it is snowing outside, he likes to perform Insanity Fit Test routine. In this workout, only bodyweight exercises are done. It follows max interval training method, which dictates that the rest in between exercise intervals is minimum, around 30 seconds for a three-minute exercise. These sessions incorporate running, yoga and stretching apart from bodyweight exercises.
Ryan Tedder Favorite Things
- Vehicle – Williams FJ44
- TV Shows – House of Cards, Homeland, Bloodline, The Killing (2011-2014), Modern Family
- Songs – Wonderwall by Oasis, Freedom by George Michael, Mysterious Ways by U2
- Singer – Stevie Wonder
- NFL Team – Denver Broncos
- Movie – The Goonies (1985), Snow White (1937)
- Carbonated Beverage – Tru-blood
- One Republic Song – Everybody Loves Me
- Food – Sushi, Pizza
- Band – U2 (Besides One Republic)
- Superhero – Lego Batman
- Actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Ben Mendelsohn, Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges
- Actress – Emma Stone
- All-Time Favorite Horror Movie – Candyman (1992)
- Cafeteria – Ink! Coffee in Denver, Kings Road Cafe in Los Angeles
Source – IMDb, About Entertainment, GQ Magazine, Twitter (Above Favorite Things has been taken from various tweets)
Ryan Tedder Facts
- Ryan Tedder has a Latin phrase ‘pari passu’ tattooed on his ankle. In English, it translates to ‘with equal step.’
- On his forearm, he has got a sun and other Japanese characters tattooed, which in English translates to God gives & God takes. He got his tattoo in Osaka, while on a music tour.
- Tedder has founded his own record label named, Patriot Records.
- In 2011, Tedder along with his One Republic bandmates donated $10,000 for East African famine cure.
- He has a stake in Justin Timberlake‘s Southern Hospitality restaurant opened at the Second Avenue in Manhattan in 2007.
- In October 2012, he again joined hands with Justin Timberlake to start a restaurant in St. Elmo Hotel in Ouray, Colorado.
- In August 2011, Tedder was announced as the first franchisee owner of the Southern Hospitality BBQ brand with plans for franchises in 10 other cities.
- He learned to play piano at the age of 3 because he was bored and used to spend lots of hours singing and playing the piano.
- Ryan used to work as a waiter at the Hideaway pizza at the age of 18. He has also worked at a golf country club.
- He doesn’t like when fans approach him while eating out with his family.
- Follow Ryan Tedder on Twitter. He posted his first tweet on Twitter on January 20, 2017. Also, you can follow his band OneRepublic on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Myspace.
- Visit his band One Republic’s official website @ onerepublic.com.