Salma Hayek Jiménez
Salma Hayek Jiménez de Pinault, Salma Hayek
Salma is currently 48 according to her birth date September 2, 1966
Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico
Salma Hayek attended the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, at the age of twelve. While there, she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She also went Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment.
She attended University in Mexico City, where she studied International Relations at the Universidad Iberoamericana (In English – Ibero-American University).
Actress, Producer, Director
- Father – Sami Hayek (Oil company executive who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos)
- Mother – Diana Jiménez Medina (Opera singer and talent scout)
- Brother – Sami Hayek Jr (Designer)
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
- Antonio Banderas (1994-1995) – Spanish film actor and director was rumored to be Salma. They first met while filming Desperado in 1995.
- Johnny Depp (1995) – They were rumored to be dating together in 1995.
- Edward Atterton (1997-1999) – English actor, Edward was reported to be dating this Mexican actress. (as reported by Celebuzz).
- Ben Affleck (1999) – After filming “Dogma” together in 1999, it was reported that the two are dating each other. But, no official confirmation came. He also looked odd with Salma due to height difference of more than a foot.
- Edward Norton (1999-2003) – This cute couple dated from 1999 to 2003.
- Josh Lucas (2003-2004) – Josh Lucas dated for almost a year from August 2003 to July 2004. They were frequently spotted many times in Hollywood.
- François-Henri Pinault (2007-2009) – Salma Hayek announced her engagement with French billionaire and PPR CEO François-Henri Pinault on March 9, 2007. She also announced on the same day that she was expecting her first child. They split on 18 July, 2008 for some time. But, reconciled soon. So, there was a ON-OFF kind of relationship.
Salma Hayek gave birth to daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California on 21 September, 2007.
They married on Valentine’s Day, 2009 in Paris. On April 25, 2009, they were married a second time in Venice, Italy.
Her father is of Lebanese descent while her mother is of Spanish descent.
- Often plays strong-willed, independent women roles
- Have curvaceous, buxom figure
- Beautiful Eyes
39-24-36 in 99-61-91.5 cm
6½ (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
Salma was endorsed by Avon, Burger King (2012), Coca Cola (2004), Coors (1999), Revlon (1997).
Best Known For
Her work in Frida (2002), Desperado (1995), Ugly Betty (2006-2007).
She has not released any music album. But, she has sang /performed songs in 3 movies. The first was 1995 movie Desperado for the song Quedate Aquí.
In 2002 for movie Frida she performed the Mexican folk song La Bruja with the band Los Vega.
She also recorded Siente mi amor, which played during the end credits of Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
1993 American drama film Mi Vida Loca (also known as My Crazy Life) for her role as Gata. She was not in a lead role in this movie.
First TV Show
1988 TV show Un Nuevo Amanecer. She performed in this Spanish-language telenovela.
Her next TV show made her a star in Mexico. That Spanish language telenovela Teresa (1989) was very successful there. She had a lead role in this show as Teresa Martínez.
Salma Hayek has worked with Sara Shears, founder of ugifit.com. She worked out with Sara 30 minutes a day from nearly 5 to 7 days per week. Whether Salma was in hotel, or in home, or in a shooting location, she never missed any workout session. Sara said –
“Salma is super smart and has so much drive. She always puts all her effort into her workouts and that’s the reason she gets results. I can’t say enough good things about her.”
Her workout session comprised of kickboxing, dancing, ball work, pilates, strength training. Other than this, she also did cardio and high intensity interval training to build up muscles. To get that ideal measurements and petite waist, she had really worked hard. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Salma Hayek Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – She (Mexican) loves eating bugs
- Favorite Color – Purple, Red, Blue
- Favorite Car Color – Silver
- Favorite Lipstick Shade – Plum
- Favorite Eye Shadow Shades – Browns and aubergine
- Favorite Shoe Color – Black
Source – Instyle
Salma Hayek Facts
- Salma’s first name is in Arabic language, which means “Safe” in English.
- She also suffered from dyslexia and was treated at an early age.
- She has ideal hourglass figure and have measurements 36-24-36 inches.
- Salma’s beauty rule – Never go to sleep before washing your face. No matter how tired you are.
- She wears mostly Prada or Giorgio Armani.
- She is from wealthy Mexican family.
- She is good friends with Ashley Judd and Penelope Cruz.
- She was the member of the jury in Cannes Film Festival 2005.
- In July 2007, she was diagnosed with diabetes while she pregnant.
- Her husband, Francois-Henri Pinault has a son and daughter from his first marriage.
- She has her own production company Ventanarosa.
- Salma Hayek is godmother to Robert Rodriguez’s children.