Santiago Cazorla González
Llanera, Asturias, Spain
Santi’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Jose Manuel (Passed away in 2007)
- Mother – Loli Cazorla
- Siblings – Nando Cazorla (Brother)
Cazorla is signed with IFM.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
66 kg or 145½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cazorla is married to Ursula Santirso. The couple have a son, Enzo Cazorla and a daughter India Santi Ursula (b. April 9, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Standing only at 5 ft 6 in
Santi’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96½ cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35½ cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Santi is sponsored by Puma.
Santi is a Christian.
Best Known For
His versatility as a player and the ability to play as a defender, midfielder, and winger.
First Football Match
Santiago debuted for Villarreal on November 30, 2003 in a La Liga match against Deportivo de La Coruna.
He played his first official game for Recreativo de Huelva against RCD Mallorca on August 27, 2006.
On August 28, 2011, as a member of Malaga, Santiago played against Sevilla FC. In his debut, Cazorla scored the only goal for his team which wasn’t enough because Malaga lost by 2-1.
Cazorla had his debut for Arsenal in a Premier League match against Sunderland during the 2012-2013 season. He was named man of the match for the same game.
Santi first appeared in a match for the senior national team of Spain on May 31, 2008 in a 2-1 win against Peru.
- Free Kicks
- Shooting accuracy
- Often commits fouls
Santi hasn’t acted in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Cazorla has appeared in the sport series Match of the Day 2 as himself in January 18, 2015 episode.
Santiago’s workout and diet routine is not known.
However, there’s a short TV advert of Puma in which Cazorla has done couple of exercises. The following video may help you learn more about his training approach.
Santi Cazorla Favorite Things
- Restaurant in London – Novikov, Nozomi, Nobi, Iberica, Hispania, Cambio de Tercio
Source – FourFourTwo.com
Santi Cazorla Facts
- Bloomberg named Cazorla as the tenth-best footballer in the world in 2013.
- He was awarded the Spanish Footballer of the Year award for the 2006-2007 season.
- He represented the national team of Spain during the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Santi first started playing football for the local club Real Oviedo.
- Six months before he turned 18, Cazorla was obtained by the Spanish club Villarreal CF.
- On May 1, 2005, Santiago scored his first Primera League goal in a 4-0 win against Getafe CF.
- On July 7, 2006, he was transferred to Recreativo de Huelva for a total of 600,000 euros for 4 years. The contract consisted of a clause for a possible return to his previous club Villarreal for a price of 1.2 million euros.
- During the first season in Recreativo, he helped the team finish at the eighth place in the Primera Division. In the same season, the Spanish sports magazine, Don Balon named Cazorla the Spanish Player of the Year.
- He moved back to Villarreal for the 2007-2008 season.
- Santiago missed the 2010 FIFA World Cup due to an injury.
- On July 26, 2011, he signed a long-term contract with the Spanish team Malaga. His contract was worth 21 million euros.
- On August 7, 2012, Santi joined Arsenal after he signed a deal worth 10 million British pounds.
- He was a part of the Spanish U-21 team led by coach Inaki Saez.
- Follow Cazorla on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.