She surprised us all with her awesome movies and reflexes as the Black Widow in Avengers. Yes, we are talking about our very own Scarlett Johansson, the girl in the super girl suit. She has proved that one can lose a bit fat and getting super toned for the highly flexible and energetic role. Her personal trainer Bobby Strom said the following about her special exercises for the movie “Avenger”:
“We picked up with the same program we’d used for Iron Man 2 and it had a proven history.”
He further revealed that she had targeted to have many mini meals at different times in a day. As was the case during Iron Man 2, there was a lot of oatmeal, fresh fruits and veggies, salads, and lean proteins.
Let’s take a sneak peek into the workout and diet routine of the Black Widow and then you decide if you want to be as flexible and toned as her. Here take a look.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON WORKOUT ROUTINE
- 90 MINUTE CIRCUIT WORKOUTS: Scarlett got into multiple 90-minute, which were explosive by nature and focused more on cardio movements. Dumbbells, resistance bands and medicine balls were regular feature in her workout sessions. Her workouts went about in sets of 20 with 25 or 30 reps without any rests. Bobby Strom who trained her personally said he used the same program for her in Iron Man 2 as well.
- HARDCORE TRAINING: Scarlett also had to make sure that her body was flexible and strong enough to perform all the stunts herself, which meant she had to make extensive use of legs and upper body. For that she performed many reps of squats, lunges, chin-ups and split squats to strengthen her upper body and thighs. The strong and firm thighs made her look even better while performing the stunts.
- MMA: Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is something that Scarlett shows off extensively in the Avengers. For this she practiced hand to hand combat and training with different weapons to get a good idea about her role. Scarlett said about this experience,” You get beat up a lot. It’s painful”. It’s great to do MMA yourself as it changes your perspective about self-defense and attack.
- MIX IT ALL UP: Scarlett was advised to do different exercises one after another to improve her flexibility and reflexes for the movie. Doing diverse exercises will let you know more about your body and help you develop a different perspective regarding working out.
SCARLETT JOHANSSON DIET PLAN
- BREAKFAST AND LUNCH: Scarlett made sure she kept it light when it came to food items. In fact, consistency is the name of the game. She had two egg omelettes with oat meal and fresh berries. As far as lunch was concerned she had a quinoa and turkey salad with spring onions and some olive oil and lemon juice.
- SNACKS AND DINNER: Scarlett has some almonds and apple for snacks, which she keeps lighter to refresh her from the long day’s work and shoots. She then moves on to a dinner rich with proteins. She has a steamed fish with red onions, cabbage and broccoli. The important thing to note is that even if she does not eat a lot of food items, the nutritional value in each of them is high and that allows the body to take in all the nutrients needed for it to repair.
- SCARLETT’S OWN VICE: Scarlett admits that she likes cheese very much and she is proud of it. She states, “My greatest vice is cheese. Nothing else reigns over my life”. It is however very interesting that she is capable to maintain her health and figure by eating cheese. Bottom line is keeping your vice. Don’t give it up.
So, now you know the secret plan that Scarlett followed to get into top shape for the Avengers. Even though she is an actress, she works hard for her body. But remember, you don’t have to be an actress to have a fit body like hers.