Shemar Franklin Moore
Oakland, California, United States
Shemar Moore started his primary education at British Private School in Bahrain, where he remained until the age of 7.
He later joined the Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California.
After graduating from high school, he started going to the Santa Clara University in California and graduated with a major in communication and minor in theater arts.
Actor, former fashion model
- Father – Sherrod Moore
- Mother – Marilyn Wilson (Business Consultant)
- Siblings – Romeo Moore (Brother), Shenon Moore (Brother), Sheburra Moore (Sister), Kosheno Moore (Sister)
- Others – Stephen Wilson (Aunt) (High School Teacher)
Shemar Moore is represented by Innovative Artists L.A. group.
As a model, he was signed with DNA Model Management – New York.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
88.5 kg or 195 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shemar Moore has dated –
- Sanaa Lathan (1989-1996) – Shemar got engaged to actress Sanaa Lathan in September 1989 after dating for a brief period. They got married in a small ceremony held in May 1990. However, their marriage didn’t last long and about half a decade later, formally finalized their divorce.
- Bobbie Phillips (1993-1994) – Even before he had legally divorced from Sanaa Lathan, Shemar Moore had started a short-lived extramarital affair with actress Bobbie Phillips.
- Toni Braxton (1994-1995) – Moore started dating singer Toni Braxton after she had asked his agent for a model for her music video, which was shot in Miami. They dated for about a year and Shemar would later recall his relationship with the singer as a wild ride.
- Halle Berry (1997-1998) – Actress Halle Berry got over her failed marriage with David Justice by hooking up with Shemar. Also, due to her fresh divorce, they had to keep their relationship fairly low profile. Shemar was really smitten with Halle and later claimed that she made him stronger as a man and the relationship was a necessary experience.
- Ashley Scott (2002-2003) – Shemar started going out with actress Ashley Scott in October 2002 and dated her for about a year.
- Kimberly Elise (2004-2005) – Moore’s next relationship was with actress Kimberly Elise, with whom he started going out in July 2004.
- Gabrielle Richens (2006) – Moore debuted his new relationship with British model Gabrielle Richens in January 2006 by walking the red carpet at the People’s Choice Awards with his new lady love. However, their affair didn’t even stretch beyond a month.
- Victoria Rowell (2006) – A month after making public appearance with Richens, Moore stepped out with another beauty and the occasion was NAACP Awards held on February 25, 2006 in Los Angeles.
- Lauriane Gilliéron (2007) – Moore started dating Swiss actress Lauriane Gilliéron after meeting the former Miss Switzerland at the Independent Television Gala in July 2007. This relationship was much talked about in the tabloids as Moore had an uncanny resemblance to Lauriane’s ex-boyfriend Michael N’Goy, from whom she had separated in May 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Shemar is of Irish and French-Canadian descent on mother’s side while has African American ancestry on father’s side.
- Muscular and chiseled physique
- Short trimmed hair
- Minimal stubble
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12 (US).
In 2003, Shemar was cast in the TV advertisement for Old Navy and Trojan Lubricants.
Shemar Moore is spiritual, but not religious.
Best Known For
- Playing Malcolm Winters in American soap opera The Young and the Restless.
- Portraying Derek Morgan on CBS’s TV series Criminal Minds.
Moore made his film debut in 1997 with independent film Hav Plenty for his role as Chris.
First TV Show
Shemar made his first TV show appearance in 1995 with Fox sitcom Living Single in the role of Jon Marc.
Shemar is arguably one of the most chiseled actors in the show business. To ensure that his body remains lean and ripped, Shemar prefers to start his day with an intense workout. Depending on his work schedule, these workouts are either done at his home gym or at the shooting studios.
While his weekday workouts are mostly focussed on strength training, he likes to utilize weekend for outdoor cardio activities. Every Sunday, he heads out with his bike for a 70-mile ride out. He also likes to go out for stair climbing exercise as well.
When it comes to diet, he focusses on clean eating and makes sure that his body gets necessary protein to reap benefits of his intense workout regime. However, he allows himself to indulge once in a while.
Shemar Moore Favorite Things
- Criminal Minds Episode – Profiler Profiled (Season 2 Episode 12)
- Food – Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Soul food
- Song – Started from the bottom by Drake
- TV Show – America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Singers – Drake, Future, Imagine Dragons, Kat Dahlia, Hozier
- Guilty Food – Homemade chocolate chip cookies, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
- Pizza Toppings – BBQ Chicken or pepperoni, mushrooms and sausage
- Emoji – Peace and wink with a tongue out
Shemar Moore Facts
- Shemar’s name has been formulated from “She” (from father) and “Mar” (from mother).
- From the age of six months to three years old, Shemar lived in Denmark and then, he relocated with his mother to Bahrain, where he lived until the age of 7.
- During his college days, he used to do minor modeling assignments for financial assistance.
- Shemar was featured on the cover of Men’s Fitness magazine’s March 2009 issue.
- The first language he learned was Dutch.
- During his high school days, he wasn’t good in academics but was a good baseball player.
- Due to his biracial ethnicity, he was often bullied in his school days.
- He decided to leave Criminal Minds in 2016 as he wanted to step out of his comfort zone and grow as an actor.
- Keith Tisdale, who made a guest appearance in Criminal Minds, stole around $ 60,000 from Shemar Moore.
- For more information visit his official website @ shemarmoore.com.
- Follow Shemar Moore on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.