Shenae Sonya Grimes
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Shenae attended Forest Hill Public School for elementary. She interned at Toronto’s Fashion Television as part of her high school education. She attended City Academy for her last two years of high school.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shenae Grimes dated
- Adam Gregory (2008) – Adam and Shenae were rumored to be dating after they first met during their 2008 TV show “90210”. But, it seemed that an off screen romance was never wanted. She said that “It is really hard to kiss a boy who is in fact prettier than ladies”.
- Ethan Rapoport-Cole (2009) – Shenae dated Ethan in 2009. This relationship didn’t went far and it broke in September, 2009, as she had to left Canada and move to Los Angeles after her success in TV series 90210.
- Josh Groban (September 2010) (see pic) – After 1 year of her break up with Ethan, Shenae dated briefly with American musician, Josh Groban, who is 8 years older to her.
- Brendan Fallis (May 2011 – August 2011) – Canadian DJ, Fallis had a fling with Shenae in 2011.
- Josh Beech (July 2012 – Present) – English model and musician started dating Grimes in July 2012 and the couple engaged in December 2012. On May 10, 2013, the duo married.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial. She is half Irish on her father’s side, and half Italian on her mother’s side.
- Beauty Mark under her right eye
- Tattoo under her right breast, written as “Myself”
30-24-32 in or 76-61-81 cm
Shenae Grimes has not been endorsed by any major brands.
Best Known For
For acting in an American teen drama TV series “90210” since 2008 as Annie Wilson. She also appeared in a Canadian teen drama TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” during 2004-2008 as Darcy Edwards.
In 2010, Shenae Grimes sang, directed and wrote the song Myself and I. She has not released any album.
However, in 2009, she appeared in a music video titled All You Did Was Save My Life sung by the band Our Lady Peace. The video was shot in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
2005 film Shania: A Life in Eight Albums for her supporting role as Eilleen Twain, who was around 13-16 Years. This was a Canadian TV movie premiered on CBC Television at 8pm on November 7, 2005.
First TV Show
“Degrassi: The Next Generation”, which is her first TV show. She appeared on this Canadian teen drama TV series as “Darcy Edwards”. She appeared during 2004-2008 in this show. She also won a Gemini Award-For Episode “Eyes Without a Face”.
She has not hired any personal trainer. Instead she is not an exercise and diet lover, she explains to OK magazine. She said that she does exercise when she feels a need and otherwise don’t. She is a busy girl. Regarding her diet, she explained that she is a great lover of fries, especially french fries and potato fries. She can’t leave them.
Shenae Grimes Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fries (French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries), Chocolate, Pastry
- Favorite TV Program – 90210 (2008)
- Favorite Makeup Brand – M.A.C
- Favorite Inspiration – Natalie Portman
- Favorite Bands – The Killers, Jet, Hot Hot Heat
- Favorite Accessories – Gucci sunglasses, Vintage clothes
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Music Artists – Elliott Smith, Jim Morrison
Shenae Grimes Facts
- Shenae Grimes was named one of the most beautiful people without makeup in 2009 by People magazine.
- Shenae is an atheist.
- Sara Paxton is her good friend.
- When she got selected to act in an American TV series 90210, she left Canada and her Canadian show “Degrassi: The Next Generation”.
- In 2008, Grimes was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of Breakout Stars.
- Calynn Irwin, a Canadian snowboarder is one her good friends.
- She has appeared in a short silent film Unzipped in 2010.
- In May, 2011 she worked as an intern at Teen Vogue for 6 weeks. Actually, it was her dream to work as an editor for a fashion magazine.
- In 2011, she visited Japan and was caught up there due to an earthquake and tsunami.
- She has a younger half sister named Maya.
- Connect with Shenae on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You may also want to visit her online store @ www.twohalvesstore.com.