Simone Arianne Biles
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Due to her busy gymnastic practice schedule, she couldn’t go for regular education. Therefore, she completed her secondary education through home schooling. In August 2014, she gave verbal commitment to join University of California, Los Angeles. But, she didn’t join it.
- Father – Kelvin Clemons
- Mother – Shanon Biles
- Siblings – Ashley Biles (Biological Older Sibling), Tevin Biles (Biological Older Sibling), Adria Biles (Younger Sister), Ronald Jr. Biles (Older Brother), Adam Biles (Older Brother)
Note – As her real father Kelvin Clemons had abandoned her family at birth and her mother Shanon couldn’t care for Simone and her siblings due to her alcohol and drug addiction, Simone and her sister Adria were adopted by her mother Shanon’s father Ron Biles and his second wife Nellie Cayetano Biles. Ron and Nellie’s biological sons Ronald and Adam legally became Simone’s brothers. Simone’s biological older siblings Ashley and Tevin were adopted by Ron’s sister.
Simone Biles is represented by Janey Miller of Octagon Olympics and Action Sports.
4 ft 8 in or 142 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simone Biles has dated –
- Arthur Mariano – In August 2016, Simone Biles was dating Brazilian athlete Arthur Mariano. During the 2016 Olympics, Biles declared Arthur as her international boyfriend. When Simone shared a picture of actor Zac Efron kissing on her cheek, Arthur responded with a picture of him kissing Simone on the cheek accompanied by the caption, ‘I saw her first, she is my girl.’ However, Simone has stated that they are just good friends. They first met each other at the World Championships in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on both of her biological parents’ side.
- Short height
- Broad smile
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (US)
Simone has been seen in these adverts –
- Tide Pods
- Procter & Gamble.
Best Known For
- Having won a gold medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics in an artistic gymnastic individual all-around competition.
- Being the two-time world balance beam champion (won in 2014 and 2015).
First Gymnastic Event
Simone Biles made her senior international gymnastic debut in March 2013 at the American Cup.
Simone hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2016, Simone was seen in the family series Mack & Moxy in the role of Admirable Simone in just 1 episode.
In run up to the 2016 Olympics, Simone Biles was having two to three hour long practice sessions in the gym. These sessions focussed mainly on gymnastic drills and practicing various sequences.
Simone also goes out for over mile long runs. She also relies on swimming for conditioning purposes. The swimming sessions are held twice a week and include going for 1 mile per session.
Also, she goes for cycling for 10 miles once in a week.
When it comes to the gym workout, she likes to do leg conditioning. She also focuses on core work but, she doesn’t like it much.
For the breakfast, she likes to have egg whites or Kellogg’s Red Berries. Then, for lunch, she goes for protein-rich fish or chicken.
Simone Biles Favorite Things
- Travel Destination – Belize
- Color – Purple
- TV Shows – Pretty Little Liars, Beverly Hills, 90210
- Movie – Any Zac Efron movie.
- Gymnastics Routine – Floor
- Inspiration – Dominique Moceanu
Source – US Magazine
Simone Biles Facts
- She holds the record of being the first athlete to have won 14 medals including 10 gold medals at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- At the 2012 London Olympics, she became the first US female gymnast to be designated as the flag-bearer at the closing ceremony of the Olympics event.
- Along with her teammate Gabby Douglas, she holds the distinction of being the first American female gymnast to win team gold as well as an individual all-around goal.
- In 2016, she took to Twitter to reveal that she suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and had been issued Therapeutic Use Exemption to take medication for it.
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, she became the first American female gymnast to have won 4 gold medals at a single games event.
- In 2014, the Women’s Sports Foundation named her the Sportswoman of the Year.
- She has a celebrity crush on Zac Efron.
- Her dad served in Air Force for 21 Years.
- Visit her official website @ simonebiles.com.
- Follow Biles on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.