Sushant Singh Rajput
Patna, Bihar, India
Rajput attended St. Karen’s High School in Patna, Bihar and Kulachi Hansraj Model School in New Delhi. After securing an All India Rank of 7 in AIEEE in 2003, he took admission in Delhi College of Engineering (DCE). But, he dropped out after 3 years to pursue his passion and career in acting.
Film and TV actor
- Father – Mr K.K Singh (Government Employee)
- Mother – Died in 2002
- Siblings – Mitu Singh (Older Sister) (State-level cricketer), Shweta Singh Kirti (Older Sister)
Sushant is the youngest in his home. He has four siblings, all sisters, elder than him.
Sushant’s one of the sisters lives in Chandigarh, other in USA, and the other two in New Delhi.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sushant Singh Rajput dated –
- Ankita Lokhande (2009-2016) – Ankita Lokhande and Sushant Singh first met on the set of TV series Pavitra Rishta in 2009. She was the love interest of Sushant in the show and this on-screen love, came to off-screen also and they started dating in 2009. They were in live-in relationship. He proposed her in 2011 on the set of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 4. Their engagement was announced in February 2011, but they split in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Well built masculine body
- Great height
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is believed to be 10 (US).
PepsiCo (for their Pepsi Atom) (2013), Garnier (2013)
Best Known For
Playing a lead role in Zee TV’s Pavitra Rishta (2009-2011) as Manav Damodar Deshmukh and appearing in films like Kai Po Che! (2013), Shuddh Desi Romance (2013).
Sushant appeared in 2013 Indian drama buddy film, Kai Po Che! for his role as Ishaan. The film is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel “The 3 Mistakes of My Life”. The other star cast include Amit Sadh, Raj Kumar Yadav, and Amrita Puri.
First TV Show
From March 2008 to February 2010, Sushant played the role of Preet Lalit Juneja (Parallel male lead) in Star Plus’ Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil.
Sushant Singh is a fitness freak. He goes to gym, do martial arts, plays lawn tennis and does horse-riding as well.
His trainer puts them to all of these. Four days a week, Sushant does gym exercises, and martial arts. Apart from these, he plays lawn tennis and does horse-riding too, both once a week.
A challenging and rare form of martial arts, Win Phun Kung Fu is done by Sushant and he includes sports activities to stay away from boredom.
His diet comprises of protein shakes, boiled and sprouted veggies. Rajput though is a foodie, but left all the favorite stuff like parathas, sweets, butter, fried and other junk food to focus on his body.
Sushant Singh Rajput Favorite Things
- Male Idol – Keanu Reeves
- Female Idol – Isha Sherwani
Source – TOI
Sushant Singh Rajput Facts
- He was born in Patna in 1986, but moved to New Delhi with his family in early 2000s.
- He gave his AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) paper in 2003 and secured an AIR (All India Rank) of 7.
- In 2002 (when Sushant was 16), Sushant lost his mother.
- At his Alma mater, Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), he also joined choreographer Shiamak Davar’s dancing academy and Barry John’s theatre classes. This eventually increased his interest in theatres and he turned to Mumbai to pursue his passion and dropped out after 3 years of study in college.
- He has assisted Mohit Suri in Raaz 2.
- Rajput was a part of dancing troupe that performed in Melbourne’s 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- He played the role of Ishaan in Kai Po Che!, who is a cricket coach. Sushant took his inspiration from his sister, Mitu Singh, who is also a state level cricketer. In real life, she is also the same, impulsive just like the character of Ishaan.
- Sushant kissed his co-stars Vaani Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra 27 times in the 2013 movie Shuddh Desi Romance.
- Connect with Sushant on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.