Tamar Estine Braxton (Pronounced as TAY-mar)
Nick Name / Other Name
Tay-Tay, Tamar Braxton-Herbert
Severn, Maryland, United States
Her schooling and other educational information is not known.
Singer, TV personality, actress
- Father – Michael Braxton (Was a pastor at a church)
- Mother – Evelyn Braxton
- Siblings – Toni Braxton (Older Sister), Traci Braxton (Older Sister), Trina Braxton (Older Sister), Michael Conrad Braxton Jr (Older Brother), Towanda Braxton (Older Sister)
She is signed to Richard De La Font Agency.
R&B, soul, pop
DreamWorks, Epic / Streamline Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamar Braxton dated –
- Tricky Stewart – She dated music producer, Tricky Stewart for an unknown period.
- Darrell Allamby (2001-2003) – Record producer and composer, Darrell “Delite” Allamby and Tamar were married from May 2001 until February 7, 2003.
- Vincent Herbert (2003-Present) – In 2003, she started dating record executive and songwriter, Vincent “Vince” Herbert after she met him via one of her sisters. After dating for about 5 years, the couple tied knot on November 27, 2008. On June 6, 2013, the couple welcomed their first child, son Logan Vincent Herbert.
Race / Ethnicity
She has dyed her hair “Blonde.”
Tamar wears a lot of wigs to change her hair color and stays away from applying chemicals to the hair.
- Changes her hair color quite often by wearing wigs.
38-29-40 in or 96.5-74-102 cm
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
Being the younger sister of Toni Braxton and her songs such as “Love and War,” “All the Way Home,” etc.
Tamar released her debut album entitled Tamar on March 21, 2000 via DreamWorks Records.
The standard version of the album contains 14 songs, making the complete album to extend beyond 1 hour in total running length.
She has not appeared in any feature film.
First TV Show
As an actress, her first TV show was the comedy show The Soul Man where she played the role as Catherine in just one episode entitled “The Ballentine Hands.”
She loves Spanx. At a time, she sometimes wears like 6 girdles. She also goes to the gym.
She keeps herself fit by eating Morsel Diet.
Tamar Braxton Favorite Things
- Junk Food – Ice cream, Doritos
- Beauty Trend – Icing the face at night, which she received from her sister, Toni.
- Perfume – Dove Fresh deodorant
- Color – Pink
Tamar Braxton Facts
- Tamar started singing when she was a toddler.
- She has a separate shelf in her closet for her wigs.
- In November 2014, she launched her own clothing and shoe line called Tamar Collection.
- She used to suffer from a skin disease called vitiligo, in which a person loses the pigment of the skin at certain places.
- She has a four-octave coloratura soprano vocal range.
- Mariah Carey is her biggest musical influence. Other influences include her older sister Toni Braxton, Diana Ross, Kim Burrell, and Whitney Houston.
- With her other 4 sisters, Tamar is a part of the group called “The Braxtons.” The group was functional from 1989 to 1998. But, the group again became functional in 2010.
- If she has to take one beauty product to a desert island, she would take a lip gloss.
- Vincent Herbert was her second husband.
- In late 2015, she appeared in the dance competition show Dancing With The Stars, where she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy.
- She always wanted her baby boy’s initials to be LV just like Louis Vuitton.
- Visit her official website @ www.tamarbraxton.com.
- Hear more from Tamar on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, SoundCloud, Last.fm, and iTunes.