Taylor Alison Swift
Swifty, Aly, Tails, T, Tayter Tot, TayTay, T-Swift, The Poet Laureate of Puberty, T-Fugly, T-Swizzle, Tay
Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
Taylor Swift went Wyndcroft School and at 9, she attended West Reading Elementary Center and Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School, Pennsylvania, USA.
Swift also attended Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, USA for freshman and sophomore years. She had a busy touring schedule and due to that, she decided to shift to homeschooling. For that, she joined a private Christian school, Aaron Academy and opted for their homeschooling services. Taylor, then, completed her remaining two years (junior, and senior) in just 1 year and earned her diploma in 2008.
Singer, songwriter, philanthropist and occasional actress
- Father – Scott Kingsley Swift (Merrill Lynch financial adviser)
- Mother – Andrea Finlay (Homemaker) (Previously worked as a mutual fund marketing executive)
- Siblings – Austin Swift (Brother)
Country, pop rock, pop, country pop
Vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric, banjo), piano, ukulele
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Taylor Swift dated –
- Patrick Schwarzenegger – (Rumor) American model and entrepreneur
- Tim Tebow – (Rumor) American Football Player for New York Jets of National Football League (NFL)
- Zac Efron – (Rumor) American actor and singer
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008) – Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always”, “Last Kiss” and “Better than Revenge”. Joe broke up with her over the phone in late 2008.
- Lucas Till (2009) – Younger than Swift, actor Lucas Till started dating her in April 2009. The two of these first met on the set of 2009 movie Hannah Montana: The Movie. Lucas is also present in the music video of Swift’s song “You Belong With Me”. They separated in September 2009.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – On the set of 2010 movie Valentine’s Day, the two Taylors met each other in September 2009 and started dating. After dating briefly, they separated in December 2009. Swift also wrote two songs dedicated to Lautner, viz. “Back to December” and “Begin Again”.
- Cory Monteith (2010) – Swift was RUMORed to had fling with Canadian actor Cory Monteith in January 2010.
- John Mayer (2010) – After meeting at Grammy Awards 2009, the singers became an item for more than a month from July to August 2010. She wrote a song “Dear John” about him.
- Toby Hemingway (2010) – After separating from John Mayer, she dated English actor Toby for couple of months until October 2010. They met during the filming of Swift’s music video “Mine”.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – Soon after, she dated actor Gyllenhaal for couple of months until December 2010. He is roughly 9 years older than her.
- Connor Kennedy (May 2012 – September 2012) – American socialite, who is 4 and a half years younger to Swift, dated from May to September, 2012.
- Harry Styles (November 2012 – 2013) – Both the singers started dating in mid November 2012. He is also 4 years younger than Swift. The duo ended their relationship on January 5, 2013.
- Bradley Cooper (2013) – RUMOR
- Thomas Odell (2013) – RUMOR
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2013) – RUMOR
- Brenton Thwaites (2013) – RUMOR
- Alexander Skarsgård (2013) – RUMOR
- Douglas Booth (2013) – RUMOR
- Calvin Harris (2015-Present) – Since March 2015, Taylor is dating Scottish Disc Jockey, Calvin Harris.
34-24-33 in or 87-61-74 cm
Best Known For
Her glittery guitars, and her fearless album (2nd Album) released in 2008.
She was previously known for her cowboy boots as well.
- Towering height
- Glittery guitars
- Cowboy boots
- Her songs generally tells the story, mostly about her exes.
On October 24, 2006, Taylor Swift’s debut album was released in her own name, i.e. Taylor Swift. ‘Tim McGraw’ was a lead single from Taylor Swift album.
Taylor’ first film is Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience in 2009 for her cameo role as herself.
Also, in 2009, she appeared in Hannah Montana: The Movie as cameo.
But, in 2010, she appeared in Valentine’s Day for her role as Felicia Miller (and not cameo).
Elizabeth Arden (2011), Jakks Pacific (2008), L.E.I. jeans (2008), Wal-Mart (2007), Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Music Campaign (2007), American Greetings, Inc, Target, CoverGirl, Sony, Got Milk?
Taylor Swift likes to do running on treadmill and has no personal trainer. She likes to do a lot of cardio to stay fit. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Taylor Swift Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheesecake
- Favorite TV Programs – CSI (2000), Law and Order (1990-2010)
- Favorite Color – Purple, white
- Favorite Bands – Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Leann Rimes, Shania Twain, One Direction
- Favorite Movies – Love Actually (2003), Legally Blonde (2001)
- Favorite Hobby – Driving Fast
- Favorite Song – What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)
- Favorite Place – Kansas and Australia
- Favorite Meal – Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Celebrity – Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite Music – Katy Perry, Tom Petty, Keith Urban, John Mayer
Taylor Swift Facts
- Taylor Swift was taught how to play guitar (especially how to play three chords on a guitar), when she was 12 years old.
- Taylor is considered to be one of the finest songwriters of pop by the New York Times.
- Taylor’s lucky number is 13.
- Taylor was named Billboard’s Woman of the Year in 2011.
- She was named “Taylor” by her mother Andrea, after the singer James Taylor. Her mother thought that the gender neutral name would help Taylor to become successful in life.
- Swift donated $75,000 in September 2010 to Nashville’s Hendersonville High School to improve the auditorium’s feel and look.
- Taylor Swift’s grandmother was an Opera singer.
- She has a pet cat since 2012, named Meredith.
- Taylor attempted 3 times to get driving licence, when she was 15.
- English horse riding is one of her early hobbies.
- Visit her official website @ taylorswift.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes.