Melanie Thandiwe Newton
Thandie Newton went to the Catholic School, which was run by nuns.
Newton also studied dance from the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts.
From 1992 to 1995, she went to the Downing College (affiliated with University of Cambridge) to graduate with a degree in social anthropology.
- Father – Nick Newton (Laboratory Technician and Artist)
- Mother – Nyasha Newton (Health Care Worker)
- Siblings – Jamie Newton (Brother) (Worked in Camera Department)
Thandie Newton is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Thandie Newton has dated –
- Brad Pitt (1994) – Thandie Newton started going out with Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt in 1994 after having met on the set of Interview with the Vampire. They went out for about a year before going separate ways.
- Ol Parker (1998-Present) – Thandie met English director and writer Ol Parker on the set of BBC drama In Your Dreams. Parker was the scriptwriter while Newton was starring in the show. Thandie fell for him immediately, but it took her some time to make him feel the same. After dating for a brief period, Thandie got married to Parker in 1998. The couple has three children, daughters Ripley (b. 2000) and Nico (b. 2004), and son Booker Jombe (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Thandie is of Zimbabwean descent on mother’s side, whereas, has English ancestry on father’s side.
Mole mark below right eye
33-23.5-35 in or 84-60-89 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Thandie has appeared in print ads and TV commercials for Olay 7 – Total Effects day moisturizer.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Linda in a biographical drama film, The Pursuit of Happyness (2006).
- Being cast in the role of Nyah Nordoff-Hall in Mission: Impossible II (2000).
Thandie first appeared in 1991 dramedy film Flirting in the role of Thandiwe Adjewa.
First TV Show
In 1991, Newton guest appeared in the TV series The Word as herself in episode #2.2.
Thandie always had a soft spot for yoga. She practiced various forms of yoga until she found her perfect preference in Jivamukti Yoga. This yoga style is one of the modern yoga forms and is also one of the most rigorous routines around. It combines the vigorous hatha yoga moves with vinyasa emphasized physical style moves.
The first thing she has in the morning is a juice with ginger and lemon. For the afternoon, she likes to have a green juice. She loves juicing so much that whenever she feels hungry in between meals, she drink juices. Overall, she tries to eat clean and avoids anything, she feels bad for her body as she believes such food items speed up aging process.
Thandie Newton Favorite Things
- Movie she has starred in – Beloved (1998)
Source – Telegraph
Thandie Newton Facts
- In 2000, the Black Men magazine readers (by voting) had included her in the list of “10 Sexiest Women of the Year”.
- In 2002, she was placed on #48 by Stuff Magazine in “102 Sexiest Women in the World” list.
- In 2011, Thandie suffered from bulimia (eating disorder) in early days of her acting career.
- In 2014, the animal rights organization PETA declared her the sexiest vegan of the year for UK.
- In Zimbabwean language, her middle name, Thandiwe translates to ‘beloved.’
- She replaced her near new BMW X5 with a Toyota Prius after an activist from Greenpeace stuck a sticker on her BMW stating that her car was responsible for climate change.
- She was offered a role in the action movie, Charlie’s Angels, but had to turn down (which eventually went to Lucy Liu) as she was busy with Mission: Impossible II.
- In 2013, she led the flash mob performance done for One Billion Rising, an organization that works against sexual violence and gender inequality.
- Visit her joint website with Kay Montano @ thandiekay.com.
- Follow Thandie Newton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.