Viola Davis, Davis
St. Matthews, South Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, USA
Viola Davis attended Central Falls High School after her family moved to Rhode Island.
She graduated from Rhode Island College with a major in Theatres in the year 1988. She also acquired honorary doctorate degree from the college in Fine Arts in the year 2002.
Viola Davis also attended Juilliard School from 1989-1993 as a member of the Drama Division’s Group 22.
- Father – Dan Davis (Horse trainer)
- Mother – Mary Alice (Maid, factory worker, homemaker, a civil rights activist)
- Siblings – Five brothers and sisters
Viola is the second youngest out of six children.
Viola Davis is attached to Lasher Group (Artist Management Company), New York
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
130 lbs or 59 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Viola Davis is married to –
- Julius Tennon (2003-Present) – The American actor and producer, Julius Tennon is married to Viola Davis since 2003. They adopted a newborn girl as daughter in October 2011 and named her Genesis Tennon. They also have two sons, who are from Julius Tennon’s previous relationships.
Race / Ethnicity
- Shiny black skin
- Charming smile
- Acting prowess
37-28-36 in or 94-71-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 10 (UK)
9 (US) or 7 (UK)
Viola Davis has not endorsed any brand until summer of 2015.
Viola Davis was raised a Baptist, but connected to Catholicism, and also wanted to be a Catholic.
Best Known For
Viola Davis is best known for her leading role in the 2011 release ‘The Help.’
She is also known for her Broadway performances like August Wilson’s King Hedley II (2001), Intimate Apparel (2004) and Fences (2010).
Viola Davis appeared in a small role of a nurse in the movie The Substance of Fire in the year 1996.
First TV Show
Viola Davis has appeared in an anonymous role in the TV series NYPD Blue that aired in 1996.
Her first credited role was in the same year (1996) as Mrs. Stapleton in the episode “Smack is Back” of the TV Series ‘New York Undercover.’
First Stage Performance
Viola Davis has performed as Denise in As You Like It in 1992.
Viola Davis does not have a personal trainer.
She has maintained her best figure with her own exercise routine, which generally constitutes of leg press, triceps exercises, deadlift and standing calf raise along with cardio exercises.
The actress is also known to sticking to a particular diet to stay fit. In fact, it is reported that the actress was under ‘Wolverine-Diet’ for her role as Susie Brown for the 2014 movie ‘Get on Up.’ This special plan allowed her to eat meals only during eight hours of the day. The remaining 16 hours were left for fasting. According to an interview given to the People magazine, Viola Davis had admitted of losing weight with the diet plan.
Viola Davis Favorite Things
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Role – Terry Randolph in Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Food – Fat Turkey Burgers and Fries
Source – CocoaFab, IMDb, US Magazine
Viola Davis Facts
- Viola Davis was listed by the ‘Time’ in 2012 as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- She was born on the former Singleton plantation and is the fifth child of six children of her parents.
- She has admitted of sufferings from hunger in childhood and described her childhood as living in “abject poverty and dysfunction.” This background inspired and motivated her to work with ‘Hunger Is,’ an initiative to eradicate hunger in American children.
- Viola Davis is one of the African-American actresses, who has been nominated for an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award in ‘Best Actress’ and ‘Best Supporting Actress’ categories for her credits in films.
- She has won two Tony Awards and three Drama Desk Awards for her Broadway performances in ‘King Hedley II,’ ‘Intimate Apparels,’ and ‘Fences.’
- She has won two Black Reel Awards and two Critics’ Choice Award for her performance in the 2011 release ‘The Help.’
- Viola Davis can be followed on Facebook and Twitter.