Shaqiri, Alpine Messi, Magic Dwarf, XS
Gjilan, SFR Yugoslavia
Xherdan’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Isen Shaqiri
- Mother – Fatime Shaqiri
- Siblings – Erdin Shaqiri (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Medina Shaqiri (Sister), Arianit Shaqiri (Brother)
Shaqiri is signed with ESHA.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Xherdan Shaqiri’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
Shaqiri is of Kosovar and Albanian descent.
- Small frame (5 ft 7 in)
- Muscular body
- Undercut hairstyle
Xherdan Shaqiri’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42.5 in or 108 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32.5 in or 83 cm
Shaqiri has signed sponsorship deal with Nike.
He has also appeared in TV adverts for Coca-Cola and Volkswagen.
Best Known For
His athletic abilities, scoring potential, powerful shots and his passion on the football pitch. Shaqiri will remain recognized for the magnificent equalizing goal he scored for his country Switzerland in the best of 16 round match against Poland at the UEFA Euro 2016.
First Football Match
Shaqiri made his debut for FC Basel on July 12, 2009 in a match against FC St. Gallen.
On July 10, 2012, Xherdan debuted for FC Bayern Munich in a friendly 1-0 victory over SpVgg Unterhaching.
He played his first official competitive match for Bayern on August 20, 2012 against SSV Jahn Regensburg.
Shaqiri first performed for Inter on January 17, 2015. He made his debut in Coppa Italia on January 22, 2015 against Sampdoria.
Xherdan debuted for Stoke City in a 1-1 draw with Norwich City.
He played his first match for the U-21 national team of Switzerland on November 11, 2009 against Turkey.
He first played for the Swiss senior team on March 3, 2010 in a friendly 1-3 loss to Uruguay.
- Speed, Quickness, Agility
- Holding the ball
- Through balls
- Ball handling
Shaqiri has not acted in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Xherdan has appeared in the TV series documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio (2013) as himself.
Despite he is known as one of the hardest working footballers on the planet, we do not have a lead on his personal training regime. However, we managed to find two videos in which Shaqiri works on his conditioning and athletic performances.
Both videos can be seen on the following links –
Xherdan Shaqiri Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled meat
Source – Stokesentinel.co.uk
Xherdan Shaqiri Facts
- He has citizenship of Switzerland. He acquired it through naturalisation.
- Xherdan has Swiss, Kosovo, and Albanian nationalities.
- Xherdan and his family moved to Switzerland in 1992.
- While young, Shaqiri started playing football at SV Augst and FC Basel’s youth categories.
- Shaqiri played in the U-15 Nike Cup 2007 and was chosen for the best player of the tournament.
- On January 2, 2009, Xherdan penned his first official contract with Basel which kept him with the Swiss team until June 2014.
- He won the Swiss Super League with Basel during the 2009-2010, 2010-2011, and 2011-2012 seasons.
- On February 9, 2012, Shaqiri signed a four-year deal with Bayern Munich for a price of 11.6 million euros.
- On January 9, 2015, Xherdan agreed on a four-and-a-half years deal with the Italian club Inter Milan worth 15 million euros.
- On August 11, 2015, the English Premiere League team Stoke City signed Xherdan for five years for a total price of 12 million British pounds or 14.5 million euros.
- He was first selected in the Swiss senior national team in 2010.
- Shaqiri achieved his first goal for Switzerland’s senior national team on September 7, 2010 in a 1-3 loss to England.
- On September 11, 2012, Xherdan refused to sing the Swiss national anthem in a qualifier match against Albania and did not celebrate after he scored the first goal for Switzerland. He also wore boots with the national flags of Albania, Kosovo, and Switzerland.
- Despite being a Muslim, Shaqiri celebrates Christmas.
- With Lionel Messi, he was on the cover of FIFA 15 in Switzerland.
- Xherdan enjoys listening to Albanian traditional music, R’n’B, and hip-hop.
- Visit his official website @ xherdanshaqiri.ch.
- Follow Shaqiri on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.