Yara Sayeh Shahidi
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
She has attended a school. As of 2015, she is in her sophomore year in high school.
- Father – Afshin Shahidi (Photographer)
- Mother – Keri-Salter Shahidi
- Siblings – Sayeed Shahidi (Younger Brother) (Actor, model)
She is signed with Persona PR (Publicist).
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45 kg or 99 pounds
She has not dated anyone publicly until now.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Iranian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of African-American descent on her mom’s side.
Black curly hair
31-23-32 in or 79-58.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Her shoe size is not listed.
She has appeared in numerous commercials as a child including McDonald’s, Disney, Ralph Lauren, Target, Gap Kids, Guess Kids, and Children’s Place.
She has not publicly spoken about her religious beliefs.
Best Known For
Playing Zoey Johnson on the ABC sitcom Black-ish.
She first appeared in 2009 comedy film Imagine That for her role as Olivia Danielson starring Eddie Murphy. It could earn nearly $23 million, though the budget was $55 million.
First TV Show
In 2007, Yara guest appeared in HBO’s comedy-drama series Entourage for her role as Kandace West in an episode entitled “No Cannes Do.”
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Yara Shahidi Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies and cream
- Color – Purple
- School Subject – History
- Disney Princess – Jasmine
- Song – It’s Gonna Be Me by NSYNC
- Marvel Superhero – Loki of Asgard
Yara Shahidi Facts
- She can live on chocolate for her entire life.
- She prefers Instagram over Twitter as she likes to post too many pictures of herself.
- Yara is the second cousin to American rapper Nas.
- When she was 4, her family relocated to California from Minnesota due to her dad’s job.
- Yara started her career as a child model appearing in national commercials alongside her mom and younger brother.
- Yara has spent time in learning the Farsi (the most widely spoken Persian language).
- She also takes interest in world history and wants to become a historian as well, besides actress.
- Yara has a black belt in Korean martial arts called Tang Soo Do.
- Until 7, Yara wanted to become a criminal consultant for the FBI.
- Her style icon is Kerry Washington.
- Visit her official website @ www.yarashahidi.com.
- Connect with Yara on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Vine.