Yaroslava Vyacheslavovna Shvedova
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Yaroslava’s educational background is not known.
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Vyacheslav Shvedova (Professional Coach for running and tennis)
- Mother – Nurzia Shvedova (Professional Runner) (Winner of the International Association of Ultra Runners 100 km World Championships in 1992)
- Siblings – Pavel Shvedova (Brother) (Political Journalist)
Shvedova is signed with Selah Management.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yaroslava Shvedova’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
She is born Russian, but decided to change her nationality to Kazakhstani in 2008.
- Tall stature
- Often wears a hat or headband during matches
- Wear sports glasses in every match
36-28-35 in or 91.5-71-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Shvedova has signed endorsement deals with Fila, Yonex, Lacoste, Oakley, etc.
Yaroslava believes in God.
Best Known For
Winning the US Open and Wimbledon Grand Slam Double Tournaments in 2010.
Yaroslava has not acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches, Shvedova has not appeared in any other TV show.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check Shvedova’s recent title wins on WTA Tennis.
Shvedova’s personal workout routine and diet plan are not known. However, we found out that Yaroslava spends time working out in the National Tennis Center in Astana, Kazakhstan and at CSKA club in Moscow, Russia.
Yaroslava Shvedova Favorite Things
- Surface – Clay
Source – ITF Tennis
Yaroslava Shvedova Facts
- She started playing tennis at the age of 5.
- Shvedova likes when people call her Slava.
- She won her first WTA tournament in February 2007. In the final match, she won against Mara Santangelo with a 2-0 score.
- In 2012, she took medical advice due to a nervous tic in one of her eyes. The doctor recommended her to wear sports glasses at every training and every match.
- Shvedova achieved a golden set (a set in which the player doesn’t lose a single point) at 2012 Wimbledon Championships in a match against Sara Errani. Yaroslava is the first player to won a golden set in any Grand Slam tournament.
- In August 2008, Yaroslava won the ITF tournament in Monterrey, Mexico. In the finals, she managed to beat Magdalena Rybarikova in two straight sets.
- From 2002 to 2008, she played for Russia. Then in 2008, in order to improve Kazakhstan’s sporting profile, she changed her nationality and started playing from Kazakhstan.
- Follow Shvedova on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.