Parvathy Thiruvoth Kottuvatta
Parvathy, Parvathi, and Parvathy T K
Kozhikode, Kerala, India
Kochi, Kerala, India
Parvathy went to a school in Thiruvananthapuram. She completed her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pangode.
Thereafter, she did her BA in English Literature from All Saints’ College in Trivandrum, Kerala. She has also pursued her MA through distance education.
Actress and Television anchor
- Father – P Vinod Kumar (Lawyer)
- Mother – T K Usha Kumari (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Karunakaran (Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
As she prefers to keep her private life firmly away from the spotlight, little is known about her dating status and history.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Indian origin.
- Thick curly hair
- Dimpled smile
- Wears Large framed glasses
Parvathy hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Her brilliant performances in the Malayalam films Ennu Ninte Moideen and Charlie, for which she won the Best Actress award in the 2015 Kerala State Film Award.
- Winning the Best Actress for her role as Maari in the Tamil film Poo at the 2008 Filmfare Awards, and the Best Supporting Actress for her role as RJ Sarah in the Malayalam film Bangalore Days at the 2014 Filmfare Awards.
In 2006, Parvathy made her theatrical film debut in the Malayalam film Out of Syllabus, playing the supporting role of a college student.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as an anchor in the popular request show Tamil Hits.
Parvathy prefers working out in the morning between 5-6 AM or 6-7 AM in the gym. She also prefers having a trainer while working out, as a trainer help her work out correctly. She works out 4 days in a week. Parvathy is not a fitness freak and she does not fret if she misses her workout sessions.
But, when it comes to eating, she prefers homemade food. She is a vegetarian and believes in eating healthy organic food. She says eating the right food with the right company keeps the mind and body healthy. In her younger days, she had struggled with food and maintaining a fit body.
Parvathy Favorite Things
- Food – Rice and sambar with pappadams and mango pickle
- Drink – Lemonade
- Virtue – Forgiveness
- Color – Deep Indigo Blue
- Poets – William Blake, John Keats, and Nayyirah Waheed
- Talent to Possess – Painting
- Motto – ‘Stubborn gladness’ (A term coined by Elizabeth Gilbert after reading this line used by Jack Gilbert in his poem ‘A Brief for Defence’ – “We must have the stubbornness to accept our gladness in the ruthless furnace of this world”)
Source – The Hindu
- Her family moved to Thiruvananthapuram when she was in school.
- She is recognized from her early days as a television anchor on a request program in Kiran TV.
- Some of her renowned performances can be seen in Notebook (2006), Poo (2008), Prithvi (2010), City of God (2011), Maryan (2013), Bangalore Days (2014), and Uttama Villain (2015) among others.
- In 2017, she made her Bollywood debut in the film Qarib Qarib Singlle, featuring Irrfan Khan.
- She won the Best Female Actor Award for the film Take Off (2017) at the 48th International Film Festival of India, held in Goa.
- She said she would prefer to die in any way, except murder.
- According to her, the greatest misfortune for her would be to lose the ability to love.
- She hates the fact that we are all carefully and meticulously helping each other kill this planet.
- She is a curious person and wishes to study as well as understand things better.
- Her idea of happiness is a tie between ‘A good night’s sleep (with a clean conscience)’ and ‘A seesaw state of being: being able to equally enjoy stillness and marching onwards.’
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Silverscreen Media Inc. / Silver Screen / CC BY-SA 3.0