Alexa Paige Scimeca
Addison, Illinois, United States
After graduating from high school, Alexa Scimeca Knierim got enrolled at the College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn. She had got enrolled in a General Studies course at the college.
- Father – Tom Scimeca
- Mother – Tina Scimeca
- Siblings – Derek Scimeca (Brother), Olivia Scimeca (Sister)
Dalilah Sappenfield, Larry Ibarra
Rohene Ward, Julie Marcotte, Igor Shpilband, Catarina Lindgren, Dalilah Sappenfield (Former)
Christopher Dean, Cindy Stuart, Ben Agosto
DuPage FSC Illinois
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexa Scimeca Knierim has dated –
- Chris Knierim (2014-Present) – Alexa first started skating with Chris Knierim in April 2012. They got engaged in April 2014. On June 26, 2016, they walked down the altar in a romantic ceremony held in the Colorado Springs. After the marriage, she decided to add his surname to her name.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite Figure
- Cute smile
- Alexa Scimeca Knierim has been sponsored by Wintrust Bank.
- She has also appeared in a TV commercial for Team USA Winter Collection.
She is very religious and makes it a point to visit the church on the Sundays.
Best Known For
Her loved up and romantic pair skating routine with her husband on Valentine’s Day eve at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2018, Alexa Scimeca Knierim made her first TV show appearance on the news talk show, Today.
In the run-up to the Winter Olympics, she used to wake up at around 7. She used to spend 4 hours doing ice training. She also added an additional 2 hours of off the ice workout sessions to her routine. On the weekends, she also loved going out for long hikes with her pet dogs.
She also followed a disciplined diet plan to make sure that she is getting most out of her workouts. Her daily diet plan was as follows –
- Breakfast – Stoneyfield yogurt with blueberries, plain Cheerios, and coffee
- Lunch – Plain oats with some almond milk
- Snacks – String cheese, applesauce, or a fig bar
Alexa Scimeca Knierim Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Bacon
- TV Show – The Bachelor
- Beauty Brands – NARS, MAC Cosmetics, ProActive Skin Care, Dove, Maybelline
Source – NBC Olympics, Chicago Tribune, NBC Olympics
Alexa Scimeca Knierim Facts
- Alexa’s parents had to take out a 2nd mortgage on their home to bear her skating expenses.
- During the early phase of her career, when she wasn’t earning from the sport, she took up adding rhinestones to the outfits of the girls at the ice rink to supplement her income.
- She started skating in 1998 and in the early phase of her career, she was coached by Sergei Telenkov and Trish Cazeau Brown.
- She has 2 St. Bernard/Bernese Mountain Dog Mixes called Diesel and Cami, a gray tabby cat called Scarlet, and a black long hair cat called Muffy.
- At the 2018 Winter Olympics, she and Chris became the first married couple since 1988 to participate in the pair skating. They managed to win the bronze medal in a team event as members of the US team.
- In the spring of 2016, she went down with vomiting and stomach trouble. She suffered throughout the summer without any proper diagnosis found. She was plagued by these problems even during her wedding. In August 2016, she was eventually diagnosed with a gastrointestinal condition. The first 2 surgeries failed to remedy her condition. By the time, she underwent the 3rd surgical procedure, she wasn’t sure in what shape she would return to the rink.
- The earliest memories of her figure skating are from the park district program. She initially didn’t know it was a competitive sport and got in just for the freedom it provided.
- Her pre-competition ritual starts with reading a card from her mother. Next, she ties her left skate first, prays with the team, and then follows it with a fist bump with coach Dalilah.
- If she hadn’t become a figure skater, she would have loved to become a dental hygienist for the kids.
- In her free time, she loves to find a quiet spot and read on her kindle. She also likes to go fishing with her husband.
- Visit her official website @ teamakck.com, which she shares with her husband Chris Knierim.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alexa Scimeca Knierim / Instagram